• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hey eyeguy....BBQ sauce

smurfy

I know you stop occasionally at orty's in deer river for meat from time to time. you ever get any of the BBQ sauces there???? had some of his ribs with a BBQ sauce called smokehouse 220, the sweet and smoky flavor!!!!!!! holy moly is that some good stuff!!!!!!!!!!!

made by Ventura foods in Brea california!!!!!!!!

sorry fellas, didn't get a chance to stop, the roads were gawd aweful and momma was sick all weekend so needed to get home so she could get to the clinic. I will be going u in 2 weeks again though!!!!!!

Is this the stuff?

https://www.amazon.com/Smokehouse-Sweet-Smoky-Barbecue-Gallon/dp/B00NKPVJ02

If so, you can buy it from Amazon in gallon jugs. It's a restaurant supply product, I would think you might be able to get it at Sam's Club or Costco too?

If you guys want some really good BBQ sauce order from a place like this:

http://www.thekansascitybbqstore.com/collections/sauces-marinades-snacks/

Joe's KC BBQ has the best BBQ in Kansas City in my opinion and that's saying something. You can try their sauce, sauce from other famous Kansas City BBQ joints or even other sauces from around the country. Try Joe's sauce first, I doubt you will be disappointed. As long as you're at it, pick up some of Joe's french fry seasoning too. I order it by the case.

If you are ever in the Belle Plaine area and you can figure out how to get your hands on some of this,

http://belleplaineherald.com/Content/News/Local/Article/Jonny-B-Adding-Some-Backyard-Flavor-to-Bar-B-Q-Days/7/39/4439

Give it a try. In my opinion it is a very good BBQ sauce for being a local product.

Edited by Big Dave2

Find out what food service truck supplies it and any local bar or restaurant that orders from that food truck can get it for you. 

You should take a trip down to Kansas City and taste what REAL BBQ tastes like!:D

2 minutes ago, LindellProStaf said:

The next time I go through Deer River I will look for Orty's.  

its just east of town on hwy 2. on the left hand side going east towards rapids kinda like in a swamp. just past the old wild rice place and above all auto.

37 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

You should take a trip down to Kansas City and taste what REAL BBQ tastes like!:D

Mr Pig Stuff about 6 hours closer and not too shabby. Hog in the Road in Grove City is a worthy drive. LMIT  would've known that.