• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

YUCK!!!

Jim Uran

According to the Star Tribune, the team’s Pro Bowl cornerback Xavier Rhodes was supposed to shadow Nelson, but that’s not what happened. Instead, the Vikings covered Nelson depending what side he was on.

“A matter of fact, forget it. We felt as a team, as players, we came together and we felt like we’d never done that when we played against the Packers,” Rhodes said after the game, according to the Start Tribune. “Us as DBs felt like we could handle him. That’s how we felt as DBs that we could stay on our side and cover him. In the beginning, we’d always played against them and played our sides, so that’s what we as DBs went with.”

Again, that’s not what was supposed to happen. Zimmer confirmed that Rhodes was supposed to shadow Nelson for the entire game.

“That’s what he was supposed to do the whole game,” Zimmer said. “Someone decided they wouldn’t do that.”

Rhodes did shadow Nelson in the second half. It’s worth noting that 145 yards for Nelson came in the first half when the Vikings went against Zimmer’s wishes.

Not the best sign for a team that’s already in a very dark place.

That is sad. If I was Zimmer I would seriously consider bailing on a team that obviously bailed on him. He would get hired immediately, move on. At the minimum I hope Spielman has the guts to sit every one of these know it all DB's for the final game. Let the back ups and practice squad guys play.

On 12/24/2016 at 11:58 AM, Jim Uran said:

I hate Packers vs Vikings games (my anxiety goes through the roof lol)... I absolutely hate this game WHEN Buck and Aikmen are calling it, we get to listen to Buck jizz in his pants everytime he mentions Roger's name... 

I don't like listening to them either.  Wasn't it Aikman that said with a minute something left" the Vikings should just take a knee and get this over with".  Very professional I thought. 

Yeah those two are Packer fans for sure.

It's pretty pathetic but I'm looking forward to seeing how well they fix their problems in the off season. Ughhh what a start to the season and what a decline towards the end. It was an entertaining year though even with all of the bad luck that came our way, I hope it wasn't karma lol. 

4 hours ago, ESSGuy said:

That is sad. If I was Zimmer I would seriously consider bailing on a team that obviously bailed on him. He would get hired immediately, move on.

That might be one of the silliest things I've ever heard. The team didn't bail on Zimmer, some players did. You get rid of the players or at least reprimand them, not the coach.

4 hours ago, ESSGuy said:

At the minimum I hope Spielman has the guts to sit every one of these know it all DB's for the final game. Let the back ups and practice squad guys play.

Yes, because I always learn my lesson by giving me a paid day off from work. :crazy:

Ok, you've changed my mind. I now hope Zimmer gives them DB's a stern talking to. Maybe use a few swear words. Then force them to go play a game for 60 minutes next week. Because hey, I guess most athletes would rather sit on the bench than play. I think that would be a better "reprimand". It all comes down to 3 DB's thought they knew better than coach, and it may have cost the team a win. We will see if they have any real leaders on this team next week.

11 hours ago, ESSGuy said:

Ok, you've changed my mind. I now hope Zimmer gives them DB's a stern talking to. Maybe use a few swear words. Then force them to go play a game for 60 minutes next week. Because hey, I guess most athletes would rather sit on the bench than play. I think that would be a better "reprimand".

No, you're right. It would be better if the coach just quit every time a player disobeys orders. He should just go to another team because I'm sure the exact same thing won't happen there.

For cripes sake, how about some fines? That's the only way to get through to these guys.

11 hours ago, ESSGuy said:

It all comes down to 3 DB's thought they knew better than coach, and it may have cost the team a win. We will see if they have any real leaders on this team next week.

The season's over. They'll all be checked out next week.

to your original comment Jim...I couldn't agree more with you about Buck.  He is the worst announcer out there!!  Never liked him and then the Randy Moss incident happened and from there on I cant stand to hear his voice!!!!  In fact I refuse to listen to a game he announces...just mute or watch something else