Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Jim Uran

Rigging up for the season

First day on the ice today, I went and got a new plug for the auger, spooled up a few poles, rigged up some float rods for the kids. Getting the buddy heater and the fishhouse prepared... Hopefully I'll have a report at some point today. 

:D

Good luck when you actually get out.

Monday will be my first time on the ice. Shack is still buried in the garage.

The sound of the locator and heater, staring at that hole, and getting some much needed time away time from the in-laws.

;)

Edited by Duffman
Third Bacardi Coke

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Lookin' good....spatchcock that beatch!!!     http://reeltym.blogspot.com/2013/11/the-ultimate-turkey-smoked-on-barbecue.html  
    • I just spent 8 days pheasant hunting in SD last week. Almost every walk in area, CREP area, some waterfowl production areas were cut. Why is that?
    • You wait 'til Delphonic whips you ragged and shows ya his soused-up IQ. But, we MUST remain on the bean soup topic. Mikey is trying to copy it down. I know he can cook it right. Must remain on topic.....
    • You must be as bright as the woman we sold a ham to one time years ago at the grocery store I worked at. She asked the owner of the store who also worked behind the meat counter how to prepare the ham. He told her to put a can of 7up in the bottom of the pan and put in the ham and roast it a 350 degrees for whatever length of time. She looked at him puzzled and said "how do you balance the ham up on top of the can of 7up?" We laughed about that one for years.... Good for you!
    • Copy and paste and put it in yer little Google "recipe box" like I do. Amazing what computers can do.  Other than that, I no longer gives a rat's azz anyway.
    • You do realize that was never the point, right? The problem was not so much that the threads get off topic but that the great recipes you guys were posting weren't being indexed and no one could ever get back to them and put them to use. This post is great and any time I ever want to make bean soup I can just do a search and find it easily. It gets harder when a bean soup recipe gets posted in a good morning thread or something like that. Just sayin".
    • Doesn't stay on the grate real well that way. 
    • Manburgers!!! The only way to cook meat....juicy, grilled burglars!  grill it, baby, grill it!!  
    • Maybe try simmering it over a charcoal bed with some chunks of apple or cherry for a 'real" smoke taste?
    • Always doom and gloom bb, we will be fine. Started out the year decimated by injuries, I think at one point Parise, Granny, Nino & Coyle were out, no one can miss 4 top 6ish players and not feel a little pain but we haven't totally tanked either. Zucker has had a great year and Nino & Granny are coming along, Stall just being his old self. Need to get Coyle going now and we will be set. We are going to win with depth and skill, surprisingly we are scoring at a decent clip this year despite the injuries but the D has let in a lot more goals. Dubs has run hot and cold, Stevens is gone so maybe there is an adjustment period but if we can get back to some solid D the offence hasn't really missed a beat. Still a whole lot of season left and we haven't even hit our stride yet. 

As far as fletcher goes he is doing a fine job, not a great job but name one fan base who hasn't won a cup in the last few years who is happy about their gm. We really only have 4 old guys right now and the rest of the team is young and hitting their prime years or play on the 4th line. Lots of up and coming talent too that will need some time to mature and or get in the system, present is good, future is good. Hopefully we can be playing our best by the end of the year. 
  • Our Sponsors