• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Do you sharpen your hooks....

RebelSS

Often? I do. I've had this sharpener in my tackle box for years. Like the two groove sizes on it, and it works fast and easy. I go thru my most used lures during slow time in the Fall, and I'll touch them up after a day of fishing. I figger if the hook won't "bite" into the top or your fingernail, it isn't sharp enough. ;)

LNLFISH.jpg

10 hours ago, RebelSS said:

Often? I do. I've had this sharpener in my tackle box for years. Like the two groove sizes on it, and it works fast and easy. I go thru my most used lures during slow time in the Fall, and I'll touch them up after a day of fishing. I figger if the hook won't "bite" into the top or your fingernail, it isn't sharp enough. ;)

LNLFISH.jpg

That sounds like something for a retired guy to do. I don't even get time to go fishing, much less sharpen hooks. :D

12 hours ago, bobberineyes said:

Did you expect any different  otta this crowd reb?

No, I sure as hell didn't, boober. Can't get on my case about "off-topic" dump. I'll just wander around and do the same. Say! How was that 'mater soup and toasted cheese last nite? Remi get a bite? :P

12 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

That sounds like something for a retired guy to do. I don't even get time to go fishing, much less sharpen hooks. :D

I figger working 2 jobs for 32 years, and not counting the ones I started at age 14 thru high school, entitle me to some real screw off time. :grin:

1 hour ago, RebelSS said:

I figger working 2 jobs for 32 years, and not counting the ones I started at age 14 thru high school, entitle me to some real screw off time. :grin:

Only 32 years? I've already just about put in that time and I'm only 46 years old. ;)

Yada Yada yada....:tired: :grin:  OK, I'll add the various jobs/years until I took my full time vocation...now I'm at 42 years.  First part-time job at 14 every day after school as a bus boy. Worked all thru high school for money to buy things. I was pushed out the door on disability a few years ago.. A forced retirement. Life can be terrific!  But, I'm not talking about that one. :mad:

On 12/22/2016 at 9:30 AM, BassThumb. said:

Only in open water. They rarely seem to need sharpening in hardwater fishing.

Same for me, although I have a small stone with the groove in my winter box that I use once in a great while.

I started working part time a week before I turned 16, went to full time after I was out of school (including 2 years active duty in army) and retired at age 62. That was MORE than enough working for me!!