• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What are your favorite soft plastics lures?

Bass Thumb

I've always been a power minnow guy, 2"-4"....trim them down depending on the jighead and species I'm chasing.

1"  for pannies and stream trout.

Bigger for walleye's and lakers.

A couple types of jigheads that I use.......

jighead.jpg

jighead2.jpg

I use Maki plastics from Clam as well as J and S Custom Jigs plastics.  The Maki Jamei and Jamei XL are probably my favorites in the bunch, though the new Bloodi should be a killer for perch this season.  From J and S, the VersaMite is a great all-around plastic and can be customized to however you are fishing.  The IceMite and GoJo are also quite good.  And you won't find a more accurate maggot replica than their LarvaMite plastic.  Check 'em out at 8mybait.com if you're interested.

Tonight plactics out performed live bait 23/0 on crappies, triggerXglow, the days of sitting and watching a bobber or waiting for a rattle real to sound are long gone for me , not sure what happened but it doesn't make scence to drill two holes anymore, and bait shops are gonna starve with my input......

Thanks for the replies, guys. I'm doing my best to get away from the hassle of live bait.

Many of my current favorites have been listed: Clam Maki, Polli, and Bloodworm;  Trigger X Mustache Worms with one tail bitten off so it's just the bulb and a tail; and the Berkley Gulp series (kept in a real glass bottle because that poop reeks and who needs that spilling on them.)

I'm gonna have to try the Jamei again. They are never straight and seem to make the jig spin like crazy at rest. 

Another winner in the Berkley Powerbait Swordtail. My 'secret' bait is just using one strand from the tail of a bass fishing tube, preferably an unsalted tube to avoid rust in the jig box. For example, buy a pack of white Powerbait (unsalted) bass tubes, and you got yourself 100 tails for $4. Just rip them off and thread them on a jig; they seem to work just as good as these 10-for-$3 plastics.