• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What are you all doing this off season?

SmellEsox

I know it's not officially off season yet, but what are you doing this off season?  LOL.  Besides spending too much time in a hockey arena, I've already bought a "new to me" bow, an Elite GT500 to back up the Elite Synergy I bought last winter.  Couldn't pass it up at $250.  Can't wait to get it and put a few arrows through it.  Other than that I will occasionally shoot out in the shed and hopelessly anticipate and dream about my IA hunt next fall (we already have our cabin reserved).

With some recent news I got, I'm going to start looking into a 2017 trip back to the Arctic Circle in AK.  I have some unfinished business up there, including a couple check boxes on my bucket list.

I'd like a moose with my bow and a sheefish out of the Noatak.

25 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

With some recent news I got, I'm going to start looking into a 2017 trip back to the Arctic Circle in AK.  I have some unfinished business up there, including a couple check boxes on my bucket list.

I'd like a moose with my bow and a sheefish out of the Noatak.

Geez, you should try and take an adventure sometime!!:grin:

My "plan" is to practice and shoot MUCH more than the past few years.  I have two frozen shoulders, so I need to keep them operating properly.

I also have a lot work ahead to secure some new hunting spots, as it seems someone must have advertised how good my land was, so everyone bought it up the past two years.

Of course, this will be probably be after I am done with that whole hockey arena thing you speak of!  See you there!:D

Maybe a little ice fishing, but plan on shooting a lot, taking in as many 3D shoots as I can.  There's a bunch of places now that offer indoor 3D in the winter, and the outdoor season starts in February.

I'm also running our club's youth league again this year.  60 kids every Saturday morning through Feb & March. 

And of course turkey season is only 4 months away.

Most of my spare time has been on a BB court as I am coaching in 2 youth leagues, also working on my long honey do list and Christmas activities. I made it out a few times muzzy hunting and will climb the tree a few more times with the bow. Looks like Ice fishing is on the cusp of taking off around here as well so need to get that stuff all ready to go as well...

On 12/19/2016 at 6:01 PM, ANYFISH2 said:

Geez, you should try and take an adventure sometime!!:grin:

Been there a couple times already but it's been quite a while.  It's been about 3 years since I've done an honest trip.  Been too long.

i hope your shoulder issues get worked out!

I went and "unfrosted" my ground blind on Sunday, and hope to get a few more days trying to fill my tag yet.  Then it will be a couple days up on URL or LOTW, and then my 14 y.o. son plays in BB tournaments every weekend until the middle of March.  Then its spring break in Roatan, Honduras for a week of snorkeling and diving for the family and back for spring school tournaments and AAU ball til school ends.

Lots of practice this next summer, set up a nice 4 shot course in the woods behind the house this fall (ground and elevated spots), and I have promised myself to do alot of scouting close to home to pattern the deer for next fall for my son and I.   I got two really nice bucks on the trail camera this year that I am going after next year, looking forward to the challenge:) 

Wanderer, maybe I will run into you on B-side this winter!

Edited by Xplorer

8 hours ago, Xplorer said:

I went and "unfrosted" my ground blind on Sunday, and hope to get a few more days trying to fill my tag yet.  Then it will be a couple days up on URL or LOTW, and then my 14 y.o. son plays in BB tournaments every weekend until the middle of March.  Then its spring break in Roatan, Honduras for a week of snorkeling and diving for the family and back for spring school tournaments and AAU ball til school ends.

Lots of practice this next summer, set up a nice 4 shot course in the woods behind the house this fall (ground and elevated spots), and I have promised myself to do alot of scouting close to home to pattern the deer for next fall for my son and I.   I got two really nice bucks on the trail camera this year that I am going after next year, looking forward to the challenge:) 

Wanderer, maybe I will run into you on B-side this winter!

So, you seemed to have missed the Sled ride on the Northshore or Ely in here somewhere! :angry: