Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Professional Edge

Empire DV210

I have a 6.5 X 14 wheel house that is well insulated but I can't get it over 60 inside with the Empire 10k btu direct vent.  I think there is more heat going out of the exhaust then there is going into the house.  Am I missing something or is there something that would keep more heat inside?  

I would like to try anything before I settle on the heater being too small.  I have read other posts with bigger houses saying theirs heated perfectly.

Edited by Professional Edge

51 minutes ago, MNice said:

I think 10K is a little on the small side, but its hard to tell without knowing the exact build techniques. 

I agree it might be on the small side - did you test it this weekend when it was minus 25F ? 

I have a new 8x16 and they put in a 15K BTU Empire but put in an 18K orifice.  I haven't really tested it yet in cold weather to see how long it takes to warm it up.   Not sure if you can put in a larger one as well?   Some models you can add an fan to it which might help blow more hot air off of it.   I'm thinking about adding a fan to mine as well.

I  built a 6.5 X 12 wheel house couple years ago. Installed a 9k BTU direct vent convention furnace converted to forced air. It took about 40 min. to get the temp to 60 deg. and close to an hour to 72 deg. with outside temp at -17. When fishing I used  a Mr. Heater to get the temp up quicker than shut the Mr. Heater off when warmed.

This fall I increased the BTU to 12k and replaced the fan with a 4 speed auto fan. Sunday I tested outside temp at -6, inside temp at +4. Took 6 min. to get temp to 45 deg. and 13 min to 70 deg. running the fan at speed 3. When at 70 deg. set fan to speed 1 and furnace cycled on/off about every 6 to 8 min. maintaining 70 deg. At 9k  my heat exchanger skin ran at 236 deg. at 12k it runs at 367 deg. using a laser Infrared Thermometer. My WH is insulated to R13 in floor, walls and ceiling. Good fan and more BTU made a big difference.

Thank you for the responses.  I put it in last night and it was cold.  I have an ventless that really gets it hot inside but I would like to change it out to stop all the moisture.  I bought the empire direct vent at a good price so it didn't hurt trying it. Now it just have to sell it and get something bigger.