Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
doubleUcubed

What year Sea King?

3 posts in this topic

I'm trying to determine the year of a 15 horse Sea King short shaft for a friend of mine. It has some writing on it about being from Montgomery Ward's and built by Chrysler. Can anyone help me out with the year or how to determine it from the model number and serial number? Thanks!

try tim's outboard repair in hackensack
218-682-2331. give him the model and serial number. this is his slower time of the year, and he may have time to look for you.
the other way to go is twin city outboard in shakopee, down by canturbury. they have most every thing. i am lacking their number though. good luck, i love old outboards. i have a green and gold 5 hp scott atwater i've been using on my duck boat for years. new is nice, but i have a soft spot in my heart for them old beauties.
good luck, jigglestick.

Thanks jigglestick, I've done some more searching on the net and from what I've found the first part of the serial number gives me the year. First part serial No. 28X therefore an 82 model. Thanks again for the other number and contact, I'll add them to my "help" list! Man, I gotta get to URL, you guy's are having too much fun and I want in!! No, I haven't tried the weight on the nose thing yet but I've considered it! LOL