• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best must have Ice lures

RebelSS

I'm pretty simple.  In the last 5 years 95% of my walleyes and perch have been caught on either a plain red hook and shiner minnow under a bobber, or a spoon of some sort, usually a glow red Kastmaster, or glow green Buckshot/Forage Minnow.  The other 5% either a perch colored jigging rap, or perch colored chubby darter.  

All these new lures are made for catching fishermen, not fish.  

11 minutes ago, Lip_Ripper Guy said:

I'm pretty simple.  In the last 5 years 95% of my walleyes and perch have been caught on either a plain red hook and shiner minnow under a bobber, or a spoon of some sort, usually a glow red Kastmaster, or glow green Buckshot/Forage Minnow.  The other 5% either a perch colored jigging rap, or perch colored chubby darter.  

All these new lures are made for catching fishermen, not fish.  

Not to fussy with lures it's all in how you wiggle your worm!:grin:

welcome fishhook34 to FM !

plain red hook has been best for me also when I do go after eyes.  always seems to outperform different jigs.  but i just gotta jig ! :)  LOW or Winny mainly when I go.  Might hit red next week.

How you work it is- the deal-other stuff like line, knot, bobber, bait-action matching mood-all assuming you are on them is the first place. Small buckshot usually works for me. The 'Godfather' himself told me personally that jig type does not make much of a difference. At the time he did not have a contract with a manufacterer and probably was still under a "no compete"-Now he says certain jigs do make a difference-so was he biased then or now? Great to talk with him though-he was very nice.

Clam Drop Kick jig with a Maki plastic on it. Despite their absurd price, they're the best jig for mounting medium to large plastics. Because of the position of their line-tie, they hang straight horizontal and have a nice wobble to them when shook gently. It's really the only jig on the market that really stands out to me.

Ultra Light Rippin' Rap (#4) is really starting to grow on me, as well. 

#8 chartreuse Gamakatsu hanging 4" under a tiny split shot and packed with 4 spikes is another winner, and it can be jigged lightly to make those maggots dance. I don't carry bobbers.