Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

  • Announcements

    • Rick

      Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

      Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
RebelSS

Best must have Ice lures

Recommended Posts

Any lures you can't do without? Mine has to be orange Forage Minnows, slender spoons, a couple Marmooska's, some chub-head or Diamond drops, and always a gold and silver Swedish Pimple......:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glo Devils and Swedish Pimples are my go to for eyes.

If I put 2nd line down in the house,  Ice Buster bobber with bare hook and minnow.  Or and this will sound odd but a Angel Eye with a minnow hooked through the dorsal fin.  Either on bobbers or tipup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow.... didn't know that everyone had the same love for forage minnows as me! Here is my top three list..

 

-Red forage minnow

-blue anodized castmaster

-#6 pink glow plain hook

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I forgot...I also like the little new rattle spoons too. Forgot about the doodle bug...anyone have luck with the puppet minnows? I haven't...just don't care for them, I guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty simple.  In the last 5 years 95% of my walleyes and perch have been caught on either a plain red hook and shiner minnow under a bobber, or a spoon of some sort, usually a glow red Kastmaster, or glow green Buckshot/Forage Minnow.  The other 5% either a perch colored jigging rap, or perch colored chubby darter.  

 

All these new lures are made for catching fishermen, not fish.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Lip_Ripper Guy said:

I'm pretty simple.  In the last 5 years 95% of my walleyes and perch have been caught on either a plain red hook and shiner minnow under a bobber, or a spoon of some sort, usually a glow red Kastmaster, or glow green Buckshot/Forage Minnow.  The other 5% either a perch colored jigging rap, or perch colored chubby darter.  

 

All these new lures are made for catching fishermen, not fish.  

Not to fussy with lures it's all in how you wiggle your worm!:grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

welcome fishhook34 to FM !

 

plain red hook has been best for me also when I do go after eyes.  always seems to outperform different jigs.  but i just gotta jig ! :)  LOW or Winny mainly when I go.  Might hit red next week.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ZacAttack0201 said:

Forage Minnows and Pink & Glow "Ratfinkees"  Catch eyes and crappies with these year round.

custom_jigs__spins_rat_finkee_jig_125808

I thought I was the only one that used them

I like the green and white

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How you work it is- the deal-other stuff like line, knot, bobber, bait-action matching mood-all assuming you are on them is the first place. Small buckshot usually works for me. The 'Godfather' himself told me personally that jig type does not make much of a difference. At the time he did not have a contract with a manufacterer and probably was still under a "no compete"-Now he says certain jigs do make a difference-so was he biased then or now? Great to talk with him though-he was very nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clam Drop Kick jig with a Maki plastic on it. Despite their absurd price, they're the best jig for mounting medium to large plastics. Because of the position of their line-tie, they hang straight horizontal and have a nice wobble to them when shook gently. It's really the only jig on the market that really stands out to me.

 

Ultra Light Rippin' Rap (#4) is really starting to grow on me, as well. 

 

#8 chartreuse Gamakatsu hanging 4" under a tiny split shot and packed with 4 spikes is another winner, and it can be jigged lightly to make those maggots dance. I don't carry bobbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now




  • Posts

    • Looks good, for sure. 
    • No, but this is what I would get if I was there. 
    • Really? I told them I will Only Agree to one year if the discounts are for one year and no problem. About two years ago I did call Direct TV and they wouldn't throw a deal. So I canceled my service then left for the weekend. I came home called them and said dish didn't show up to put it in and asked if they wanted me back has a new customer or if I just needed to let dish install it. They flipped it back on and gave me the deal. You will never get the "deal" with the first person you talk to. You have to talk to at least 2 people and the second one always gives in. I could really care less which one I have, but learning the channel number lineup sucks big time. I had dish about 6yrs ago and what made me go to direct tv is I had my dish get out of line on the roof of my two story house. They were gonna charge me $50-$100 for a tech to come set it right so I'd get a signal. I left and went to direct....The games they play are stupid. 
    • Heard the teal started to move south from some friends fishing the Minnesota river. I hope some stuck around Princeton but I know there is some wood ducks around 
    • Dish Network is a little tufter to tune in. They use a skew to get both satellites that is why they are turned a little. I go through how much direct charges me every other year.  I just ask for someone in charge and they usually lower it to a satisfactory amount. Last time they lowered it to 52 something because I have AT&T phone so they cut it in half.        
    • That looks good. Don't pay no mind Dave to that instigator!!!
    • I am pretty much ready. Not sure where you guys are hunting but up here the weather looks really good. Cloudy, 50's, NW wind 5-10 MPH. Will be taking my son on his fist duck opener. I myself have not gone for many years so am actually quite excited for it. There are a few birds around so we should get a few. Will be hiking into a WPA that is a bit of a walk so crowds will not be an issue. Good chance we will have the pond to ourselves.
    • So, you're at Emma's for lunch?
    • Good luck folks!  
  • Our Sponsors