• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What wheeled fish to BUY???

otis32

Hi guys this is probably talked about a lot , what in your option the best 16'(or around that size)  fish house/camper house out there. Fish lake of the woods mostly. Live in International falls. Thanks for any advice!! Good luck out there !!

With that question you will get more answers and opinions than you will have time to read.  You need to be a little more specific, ie. will you use it year around, will you be staying just overnight or for longer periods, do you want lightweight or big and spacious, are you looking for affordability or high quality...the list goes on.  I would suggest give as many more details on what you are looking for as you can.

rl_sd beat me to it.

Edited by nxtgeneration

Thanks guys!

I have 2 kids in hockey for 1 more year. So maybe will get out twice this year. But next year I plan on every other weekend. And stay overnight in it. Probably only 2 nights at a time.

As far as camper we use ours now on maybe 2 out of town trips. Other wise it stays at the in-laws cabin on rainy lake all summer.

I only have 1/2 ton pickup and don't want to go to big with fish house. 16- 18 seem to be fine for the 4 of us in our family.

I want to spend the money now and get one that will last a while!

If 4 people is a regular occurrence, you'll find the 16' gets really tight.  Especially if there are any taller people.  The traditional dinette/top bunk in the back is fine, but its a struggle to get good length on the secondary bunks in the 16' houses.

Knowing that price isn't the #1 concern, here's my recommendation:
-In a 16' house, I'd go Yetti/Firebrand every time.  The all aluminum construction is sweet, and there's a bunch of these out there, with very few problems.  

-17' will get you into an Ice Castle RV edition with hydraulic lift and galvanized frame.  

-With 4 people, I'd suggest looking into the 20/21' models.  This opens up a ton of options.      

somebody needs to go SHOPING! cool beans. get.the best u can afford. look at sever brands, go to dealers and talk, go to spring camping fishing seminars. best thing i can tell you. dont move to quick. make sure the furnace is apprpriate for the size, and ge an arctic package. if IF 'n is ur main focus.  goodnluck, uve.got some fun coming!!

somebody needs to go SHOPING! cool beans. get.the best u can afford. look at sever brands, go to dealers and talk, go to spring camping fishing seminars. best thing i can tell you. dont move to quick. make sure the furnace is apprpriate for the size, and ge an arctic package. if IF 'n is ur main focus.  goodnluck, uve.got some fun coming!!