Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

chasineyes

Drywall Transport

8 posts in this topic

Guys, this weekend, I need to haul 6 sheets of moisture resistant drywall up to the cabin.  The problem is that the tailgate will need to be down to fit the sheets, and other items needed.  Do you think it will be a concern if snow gets on the sheets?  I'm guessing since it's going to be butt asrse cold that the snow will/should stay in a solid state.

Tarps, plastic sheeting etc to cover. They also may hook you up with a damaged sheet of plywood they refer to as a cover sheet that you can lay on top to weigh it down and protect it. Otherwise a few sand bags etc.

Since you're purchasing paper faced moisture resistant  rock you need to protect it regardless of the length of hanging out the back. They do make a couple of different paperless products (lighter than cement board) if your still concerned in the long run.

I would be more worried about road spray than snow.   How about that stretchy plastic that comes on a roll like they strap stuff with?  It sticks to itself and seems like it would be a good choice.   Or..... ta da.  those bags they sell to put mattresses in.  

(these come in various sizes)

Warp Brothers CB-60 Warp's Banana Bags, Plastic, 60 x 108-Inch. (Pack of 2)

by Warp Brothers

3.4 out of 5 stars 488 customer reviews

| 28 answered questions

Price:$7.25 Free shipping for Prime members when buying this Add-on Item.  Details

In Stock.

Arrives before Christmas.

Want it Wednesday, Dec. 14? Add it to a qualifying order within 1 hr 37 mins and choose Two-Day Shipping at checkout. Details

Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

Package Quantity: 1

Oversized storage bags

Seal tight, keep out bugs, spiders, dust, dirt and moisture

Yellow tinted see through 2 mil plastic is tough and durable

Twist ties included

Made in USA

bag.jpg

go to a local furniture store and ask for a plastic bag from a couch or mattress ,they probably throw out lots in the garbage .