• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Iowa City-Coralville Ice Report

I drove around and checked a few ponds in Johnson County yesterday to see how much ice we had made. One place had over 2" right at shore, but that dropped off to 1.5" pretty quickly.

Everywhere else I looked had no more than an inch and half of good clear ice. If I were half the weight I am might have tried to fish on it, but as it is I wouldn't even think about it.

As of now there is still snow coming down here. We have maybe a couple inches, but that might still slow things down. Hopefully the deep freeze starting tomorrow gets through that snow and thickens things up.

It was a short ice season around Coralville and Cedar Rapids this year. :mad:

Rather than complain about it I will post a few pictures from some of the decent outings I had around here.

No trophies, but I caught plenty of nice bluegills out of ponds in the area, with a crappie thrown in here and there.

As for Lake Macbride, I never got out there after my first and only trip, as by most accounts the walleye bite through the ice was spotty at best.

1-2017 IC Panfish.JPG

2-5-2017 IC Last Ice Panfish A.JPG