• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Splash one!

leech~~

There's a live rescue going on in Wis Como Lake I think it was right now for a guy that went through but it doesn't look good as they just sent the divers down. :(

WISN 12 NEWS

Edited by leech~~

I came from Brainerd to Mpls yesterday. It looks like the lakes here froze the same day as ours. The whole state pretty much got cold all at once. Gotta love that early ice but it does take some common sense, not worth dying for. 

11 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Got this from another site. Sounds like he wasn't even fishing just drinking and out for a walk? :crazy:

"The guy was drunk and this is southern Wisconsin lake Geneva he was just walking out!"

That gives a new meaning to the phrase "drop by for a cold one".

FB_IMG_1481379943615.jpg

Stopped by Coon lake access on way home 20 min ago. Unbelievable portable 150 yards from access 20 FOW. Watched person drill 2 holes with hand auger each side of shack 11 and 12 turns on the auger to open hole. White ice just past shack was open water late Thursday.  At least his white pickup is at the landing to identify him or them if "sad senseless" happens again.

20161210_122841 (800x449).jpg

HA!!!! :lol:  One thing I just don't get....well. a few things...no spud, and just because it's 2" thick in one spot, does NOT mean it's 2" somewhere else! There ARE currents, ya know....duh. No way am I gonna walk my big butt out on 3" of ice, much less 2". We always say best thing to do is make the fattest fish buddy walk out first..then follow. :grin:

1 hour ago, mysnopro said:

Come on guys, don't make sport of someone dying!!  We all have had a lapse in judgement one time in our lifes.

mysnopro all of us that Ice fish feel very badly that this person died and know that we could be next since ice is never safe.

I guess we just try and find away to move on and get through these times and some humor is a good way to heal. Not really making fun of someone we don't even really know. Just trying to get passed the hurt.

1 hour ago, Jim Uran said:

As a Native one thing we were always taught, the ice isn't safe until the white guys quit falling through. :crazy:

Jim, I have a lot of relatives that are Native and they are going to bust a gut laughing when I post this on FB to them knowing I ice fish so much. :lol:

Edited by leech~~

20 minutes ago, redneckdan said:

Not to get technical, but after 1 hr lost person water emergencies are considered recoveries and not rescues...

Not necessarily. Depends on circumstances. That one most definitely would be, though. No use debating, though. 

9 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

mysnopro all of us that Ice fish feel very badly that this person died and know that we could be next since ice is never safe.

I guess we just try and find away to move on and get through these times and some humor is a good way to heal. Not really making fun of someone we don't even really know. Just trying to get passed the hurt.

Jim, I have a lot of relatives that are Native and they are going to bust a gut laughing when I post this on FB to them knowing I ice fish so much. :lol:

You guys would make me walk out first, wouldn't ya? :crazy:  :lol:

O this stupid merge junk....$#@! son of a 

3 hours ago, Jim Uran said:

As a Native one thing we were always taught, the ice isn't safe until the white guys quit falling through. :crazy:

Funny stuff!!  Reminds me of my childhood in western Canada  we use to here comments like that on a daily basis between the two races. Nowadays other races get offended with anything said. Mr. Uran not only was what you wrote funny, it is half true :)