• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hub house spearing

skippie

20 minutes ago, PurpleFloyd said:

Good question. I am spearing thus year for the first time in over 30 years and have both a shappell suitcase and a clam Bigfoot hub. How many are spearing out of hubs now?

I would say hubs are growing in popularity for spearing. There portable and have a lot of room inside.

1 hour ago, skippie said:

What do you use to hang decoys and teasers in a hub house? thinking something across the hole but how?

My brother speared from hub at one time. Just hang them from the poles on top make sure you line the pole up with the center of your hole. This worked for use.

I have two decoy jig sticks that just slip in between the rods and 'canvas' on the roof.  A fish can pull some line off it hits hard.  A Velcro loop can be added for additional security.

There are more custom ways of doing it but that works for me.  I should specify, the jig sticks have spools on them.  They're old time classic types.

Edited by Wanderer

i use a clamp on Rattle Wheel. Put a couple of wraps of electrical tape on the very ends of the clamp. Clamp it to the hub pole. Breezy days will shake your decoy a little, makes northerns come in and stare at it like its a live decoy.