Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

eyeguy 54

Venny stuff

9 posts in this topic

post up some pics. :) 

Tonight I made jalapeno cheeeeze brats in julienne taters and califlower.  we make this with different taters and vegies 2 or 3 times a month.  

125a.jpg

made 4 pounds jerky today and thawing out 4 more for a batch wednesday. picked up sweet pepper sticks and teriyaki sticks from st jo meat market today. really good ! ! !  Jesse over there is the man if you need ideas!!  

Mike89 and Wanderer like this

Looks great! I'm still waiting for that call from the butcher. :(

Edited by leech~~

usually 2 weeks to get stuff at st jo.  did brats3 weeks ago. buncha meat sticks this last week

leech~~ likes this

2 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Looks great! I'm still waiting for that call from the butcher. :(

Do I dare ask which butcher?

Looking pretty tasty Royce!

32 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Do I dare ask which butcher?

Looking pretty tasty Royce!

I go to Petty Bro's in Annandale and have with about the last 8-9 Deer. They usually get it back in about 3 weeks.

Glad to hear it isn't the local 172 processor people complained about last year. ;)

I was happy to have the needed "facilities" back this year.  Set up, skinned, sliced, diced, vacuum packed and cleaned up in 3.5 hours.  No, that doesn't include the grind, but we do take that in.

22 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Glad to hear it isn't the local 172 processor people complained about last year. ;)

I was happy to have the needed "facilities" back this year.  Set up, skinned, sliced, diced, vacuum packed and cleaned up in 3.5 hours.  No, that doesn't include the grind, but we do take that in.

I know of which you speak and they were full when I stopped by for my new fav Ghost Pepper beef sticks on the last weekend. Well I stopped by on the 1st-2nd and last weekend for the beef sticks! :lol:

I use to cut up all my Deer until I and the wife wanted some of those more fancy brat's and sausage I just couldn't do.

Edited by leech~~

deer here get butchered in the kitchen and garage. trimmings go to Jesse. :) tons of different options and will do a batch if you bring as little as 10 pounds of meat in. No mixing with others no matter how busy they are. 

leech~~ likes this