• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lowrance Hook 9

DLD24

Question

19 answers to this question

1 hour ago, DLD24 said:

Anybody have any input on these? I just bought a bigger boat and am looking for a bigger sonar. I found one of these for what seems to be too good of a deal ($520)

Who has it for that price? Is the transducer included? I have a 5" version. They are good units but if you ever need out of warranty service they will not repair your unit. They give you credit towards a refurbished unit of the same type or let you upgrade to a different model for a certain price which is something to be aware of. I found that out when my elite 5 wouldn't turn on.

1 hour ago, vtx1029 said:

They are all the same as the other hook models just a different screen. The Hook is just a re-branded Elite Chrip.

In that case I would say it is a heck of a deal.   But this is the time to get deals since the new models are coming out.  

10 hours ago, DLD24 said:

The only reason I havent pulled the trigger yet is because I don't know if I'll regret not getting one with side imaging

I would get side imaging. The C store has a Garmin echomap 73sv for $450 on Saturday as a doorbuster and $499 on sale.Regularly $999.

I have had 4 different Lowrance units but am 90% sure that I am going to replace my dead Elite 5 with a Garmin graph.Probably the Striker 7SV

3 hours ago, DLD24 said:

Ended up buying that Garmin echomap 73sv for 499 since I don't have the big C in my area unfortunately... By far the cheapest unit that has SI

Nice.

Can I borrow it?:grin:

Seriously- Let me know what you think of it.It seems like the quality,fit and finish are better than Lowrance. Do you agree?

And I would be interested in how the 7 inch screen does with the Side view stuff.   I see the guys on TV talking about how great it is, but they are all running the great big screens.  (I would too, if I got them for the same price they do)

1 hour ago, PurpleFloyd said:

They work fine on a 7" screen. Obviously a bigger screen is better but not necessary

Im going to run my Elite 5 on the dash also, soley as my gps. So that will free up space on the Garmin for the side imaging...Now I cant wait for spring to try out all the new toys haha....I've always heard Garmin were really nice I just never saw any of their units that had the features I wanted and were in my $$ range.. I think I'll be really happy with it...Im curious how the preloaded maps are that come with it (lakevu??) I think its called. It would be sweet if it would take my Garmin upper midwest fishing guide chip, but I doubt it does.

Well got the unit today first Impressions are I'm really happy with it...I like how the maps included have depth shading...The screen seems very nice...The only thing I don't like so far is the quick release bracket, I feel like I'm going to break it when I pop it off. The transducer is pretty darn huge, not sure if all side imaging ducers are like that or not...Overall very happy for $499, cant wait to get it on the water.

20161209_150733.jpg

20161209_145445.jpg

Quick question. On the striker models they have a setting called the A-scope. It basically widens the right hand part of the screen where it starts so that it works kinda like a showdown at the beginning of the graph which I like on the ice. 

Can you check and see if that unit has that?

Yes it does...The more I play with it the more I like it...I like that it comes preloaded with those aftermarket maps so now I can put a memory card in and record maps without having to take my other one out and losing it haha....Here's a few more pics of the menu screens for ya.

20161210_085059.jpg

20161210_085050.jpg