• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

CORE-ICE House

TRDtom69

I agree, but for the few times I do overnights I would use a light weight cot.  The hitch design is different than most of the other houses on the market.  It looks to have pivot points at the corners of the main frame.  I have yet to see one go through the drop or rise process.  A video of it operating steps would be nice too.

It would be great to hear from someone that ownes one.

Appeared to be a nice product. I was not impressed with the sales guy or who ever he was at the Blane show. I asked if they sell the LED extrusion they had running along both sides of the trailer and he said its their own design I can get them if I buy a trailer bla bla bla... Once I stepped away a salesman from Coates RV said that he can get the extrusion for me being its nothing special! I have little time for people that lie to me, if he didn't know a better answer is no we don't sell to the public or i don't know.

Something different.  I like  to see what others come up with for ideas.  Interested in their upcoming plans as far as interior stuff like beds,  cabinets, etc..  Wonder if they have plans for a wider and/or longer model(s)?  Anyone see prices anywhere?

6 hours ago, slammer said:

Something different.  I like  to see what others come up with for ideas.  Interested in their upcoming plans as far as interior stuff like beds,  cabinets, etc..  Wonder if they have plans for a wider and/or longer model(s)?  Anyone see prices anywhere?

Talked to one of their guys at the Ice Show last week,  what I believe was their entry level w/ramp (like 6.5' x 12') door was over $13k.   I thought it was quite pricey with really not much for any options.  Quality appeared to be good but way more then I would spend for it.  Their biggest selling point is the light weight and pounds per square inch on the ice.   They do have  channels on the inside to run you wired through if you want to add items.   The inside was extremely bright - almost to bright for my eyes.   I believe they said they are located in Litchfield, MN.

Edited by kudu63

54 minutes ago, slammer said:

They are nice houses but I would not pay that price.  Does that board they use float?  It looks like it would.  Pretty tough for a house with holes in the floor to float I guess;)

That's a pretty good question seeing as most of it is foam. :confused:

I wonder how air tight it is, looks like you may need some good vents in it?

My biggest concern with them would be how they will trailer down the road given how light they are if there is any sort of a wind.  Buddy of mine used to have an extremely light all aluminum house and with any wind that thing was an nightmare.  numerous times it would be trying to pass you up and would get to the point he'd make sure to always put bags of salt in it when pulling it around.  Granted if you have a four wheeler in it, that would alleviate those concerns, but what about the times you aren't bring the 4 wheeler with?

These are very nice units. Love the lightweight aspect, but come with a "HEFTY" price tag. I was hoping it would compete with Ridgeline in price and weight, but at a $13k(12') cost these are definitely on the high end. Not bad when comparing to Icecastle and Custom Cottege. I guess I'll stick with my portable for now :(

Looked at this Core house at the Fargo sport show.  It is 15 ft long.  Very impressed with these houses.  Built very well.   A lot of thought, planning and detail has went into them.  This one had AC, TV, cassette toilet, heater, folding sofa, folding bunks, cooktop and a slick channel along the wall to mount rod holders, cup holders, etc.  About $20k for this one.  Only #1900.  Talking to the salesman sounds like they have some good ideas coming.  Would be my first choice over other brands.

camper.jpg

camper1.jpg

camper2.jpg

camper4.jpg

If all you want is a 6.5' wide house, and you are completely okay with spending obscene money, these are good houses.  Plan to keep it forever, as resale is going to be a killer when you can buy a Yetti/Firebrand/Aluma (insert other all aluminum house here) for 1/2 the price or less.   

If its quality built and doesnt need repairs every year,  yea ill spend the money.  I don't need something new every few years because its "new and improved".  Probably be the only house I'd ever own.  These things are half the weight of anything else out there.  What do you gain with a 8' wide house maybe a few square feet and extra weight and fancy interior.  Sorry don't need it.

10 hours ago, Lip_Ripper Guy said:

can buy a Yetti/Firebrand/Aluma (insert other all aluminum house here) for 1/2 the price or less.   

A lot of these finished houses are already in the $20k range so not even close to "half the price".  I'll pay for function and portability over bling any day.

You and I are on the same page regarding the desire for quality, but right now it's pure speculation that it is quality built, as I don't know if any of these have hit the road yet.  I've not seen any.  The true test is once you have a bunch of these on the ice for a couple seasons.  Stuff happens that doesn't show up without repetition and time.  Does it look promising?  Yes.    

Weight is largely irrelevant once you get over a portable that you can pull by hand.  You still need an ATV to pull these, and most guys aren't taking those out on less than 6" of ice.  6" of ice doesn't know if something weights 750# or 1500#.  Nor does your truck or ATV.      

13 hours ago, slammer said:

What do you gain with a 8' wide house maybe a few square feet and extra weight and fancy interior.  Sorry don't need it.

We clearly have different opinions on this.  Going from a 6.5' wide to 8' wide is a complete game changer.  Significantly more space and a fancier interior.  More weight yes, but like Lip_Ripper said, the weight isn't a big deal to me as I'll either be pulling it with my truck or I'll be bouncing around with my Otter.  But don't me wrong, these look like quality houses, but no way will I be spending that kind of money for a house of that size.  That's my personal opinion, but I truly hope they do well as they are thinking outside the box and will only force the other manufacturers to do the same.  Competition is always good for the consumers.

I'm with BigWalleye and Lip Ripper on this one. That's way to much for what it is, you'll regret it when you spend time in other houses at the same or lesser price points. They are packing way too much in that small a space. It's your money but at least consider and heed the advice of others before you write a check.

I was a bit rushed when I wrote my other post, but I just saw the CORE is 1900# for a 15'.  I had some time to research and these are most definitely NOT half the weight of a comparable length house.  I have a close friend with a loaded up 8x16 Yetti that weights 3050#, and another with an 8x16 Ice Cave that weighs 3400#.  The Yetti was $18k, and the Ice Cave was $11k, each roughly twice the square footage and about 3x's the function.        

I pulled the Ice Cave up fishing last weekend, and it towed the same as my own house which weighs in at 2,000-2500# more.  Fuel mileage was the same (Google "frontal area" for info on why weight and dimensions don't matter).  "Bucki-ness" was a little bit worse with the single axle, but not bad.    

CORE has some money behind the marketing and design, which is cool.  I'm sure they are good, but most guys know that it doesn't matter if the PSI of the house is less than their case of Busch Light.  Cool info, but I don't know anyone who is going to be spending twice the money for the product.  Buy one, post your results, and I'd love to see them.  They definitely have the potential to be a game changer if all works out.      

The wife and I have looked at many fish houses over the years.  After seeing the Core-Ice she said that is the type of house we need.  Can someone tell me if I am off on this or not as we do not have any experience with the small aluminum skid houses, being a skid house once on the lake, it would be really easy to move spots behind the 4 wheeler correct?  Basically reel up your line, put the hole cover on, fire up the wheeler and off to next spot.  We thought we liked the idea of the ridgeline wheel houses but after hearing that some are having problems hauling their 4 wheeler inside, eliminates that house.  As another option to the Core-Ice would be to just get a skid house, and a trailer to haul both the skid and 4 wheeler and have a little extra load and unload work and time.  Would there be a time when you would not like to have a skid house when moving around on the lake?

Edited by DougSD