Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Hawg

Any new gadgets at the Ice Show?

13 posts in this topic

Besides all the new rods, reels, clothes, etc I always like the small booths with the guys that have invented any small gadgets. For those of you going why not post some pictures of the new stuff. A good example is the Slush Copter for cleaning holes a few years back, one of the most useful things I've ever bought. The small stuff was the fun stuff for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 0:14 PM, rl_sd said:

I am not going to make it, but if someone could check these guys out and give me some hands on feedback I would appreciate it...

 

http://www.linealarm.com/

I stopped by his booth, chatted a bit. Selling for $20. Design is simple with few parts, AAA battery holder, buzzer, LED and Contact tab which also acts as an on/off switch. Works well, easy to put the line between the contact points, 80db alarm, sealed so it floats. Need to remove 2 screws to replace batteries. Battery life depends on number of fish you catch. Alarm and LED from China because no on in USA makes them anymore. All other parts US made.

 

Most of his cost is in his recent 2 part injection mold buy this year with an injection molder in Wisconsin. He stated it was about the price of a new car so about $20k. His ROI is looking like it should cap this year and price will drop, maybe by end of ice season. Very nice up-front open guy doing this out of his residence in Maple Lake area.

 

The photos on his FAQ page shows all views of the unit.

Naturboy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

interesting, ive seen a similar line alarm on display at long point at their front desk. cliped to the rod and line fed thru 2 contact points. dont know who made that one. night fishi g tho one would have a tendency to mistake it for the fire alarm.lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, papadarv said:

I stopped by his booth, chatted a bit. Selling for $20. Design is simple with few parts, AAA battery holder, buzzer, LED and Contact tab which also acts as an on/off switch. Works well, easy to put the line between the contact points, 80db alarm, sealed so it floats. Need to remove 2 screws to replace batteries. Battery life depends on number of fish you catch. Alarm and LED from China because no on in USA makes them anymore. All other parts US made.

 

Most of his cost is in his recent 2 part injection mold buy this year with an injection molder in Wisconsin. He stated it was about the price of a new car so about $20k. His ROI is looking like it should cap this year and price will drop, maybe by end of ice season. Very nice up-front open guy doing this out of his residence in Maple Lake area.

 

The photos on his FAQ page shows all views of the unit.

 

 

Thank you much Papa! just the info I was looking for

papadarv likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would you use a bobber on your rattle reel with these? I would think a lively minnow would pull the line out of the contacts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a couple guys that were launching a new jig box that instead of foam it had rubber for the hook placement in the box and a magnetic closure. Picked one up for $10 and it looks to be pretty nice and a nice design.

 

Also up on the 2nd floor there were 3 guys selling Geniejar. A mobile minnow/bait jar that had a float and basket inside it so it raised the bait out of the water and also could be used to strain and refill the jar. Pretty trick I though, well thought out design.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chaws said:

There was a couple guys that were launching a new jig box that instead of foam it had rubber for the hook placement in the box and a magnetic closure. Picked one up for $10 and it looks to be pretty nice and a nice design.

 

Also up on the 2nd floor there were 3 guys selling Geniejar. A mobile minnow/bait jar that had a float and basket inside it so it raised the bait out of the water and also could be used to strain and refill the jar. Pretty trick I though, well thought out design.

I'm curious about the GenieJar.  Looks like there is a 30oz and a 17oz version.  I wonder how it works in fairly cold weather.  The nice thing about styrofoam is that it insulates against the entire water mass freezing into a minnow-sicle.  I wonder if they recommend throwing it inside your jacket or something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 dollar bubbler, 5 dollar cooler and the theft of my wifes hot glue gun for 5 minutes and I have a minnow bucket that keeps them cool in the summer and wont freeze in the winter.  toss in a 94 cent scoop that hangs from a string and that's a price that's hard to beat at the store.

Luttes likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Moon Lake Refuge said:

5 dollar bubbler, 5 dollar cooler and the theft of my wifes hot glue gun for 5 minutes and I have a minnow bucket that keeps them cool in the summer and wont freeze in the winter.  toss in a 94 cent scoop that hangs from a string and that's a price that's hard to beat at the store.

 

How bout some Free pictures? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, leech~~ said:

 

How bout some Free pictures? :)

It's up at the lake but I'll try and grab them next time.  Wally World has a perfect mini cooler with a hatch in the top.  Just rip the hatch off, drill a hole through the lid, fish your bubbler line through and glue the bubbler down... battery latch up!:eek:

elkrivermn, papadarv and leech~~ like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now



  • Posts

    •   You will get plenty of recipes for a brine or injection, or even an injectable brine which work good for turkey breasts.  A common injection are the store bought ones you see in sporting goods stores in the cooking section. All kinds of flavors from Cajun, to Honey Butter, Garlic & Herbs, etc. Some even come with a free syringe.  Some simple injections you can make are apple juice (plain or jazzed up), beer with seasonings, a doctored up chicken broth and one of my favorites a Lite Apple Brine.  Since it's injected I like lower salt than you would use for an immersion brine.  My Lite Apple Brine's ratio is 1 gram of canning salt mixed into 1 ounce of apple juice.  If you buy an 8oz bottle of apple juice, just add 8 grams of canning salt, shake it and you are ready to inject.     Years ago I asked Old Dave, an online friend, for help on an injection for a pastramied turkey breast recipe I was developing.  He sent me a modified version of Shakes Injectable Brine, which is fancier than my Lite Apple Brine.... and guess what, I really like it too.  Here is the recipe... and if you want to read more, I'll have the link to my write-up below.  BTW, I was skeptical of the cloves, but I tried the first one following the recipe and it's good.  My only variation is I'll use agave nectar instead of the honey sometimes.    Old Dave's Poultry Injectable Brine, based off of "Shakes" Injectable Brine. 
      32oz clean water (non-chlorinated and not softened)
      1/4 cup pickling salt
      2 teaspoons of TenderQuick
      1/3 cup clover honey
      3-4 bay leaves
      1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
      1/2 teaspoon pickle spice

      Heat it up in a sauce pan but do not boil. For a 12-15 pound turkey, inject 2 oz in each leg, 2 oz in each thigh, and 4 oz in each side of the breast. 16 oz total per turkey. I like to do the injection at least 8-10 hours before the fire.   My Pastramied Turkey Breast write-up can be found HERE   EDIT, you smoke them until the internal is 165° to 170°.  An injection will help keep them moist even at the 170° temp.  I like a mix of cherry and hickory, but keep the amount gentle.  Apple would be a safe bet for your first one and you can always use a stronger wood next time.  
    • First off, the comment I made which you replied to with a hypothesis never stated that there was proof they did anything wrong. I merely and accurately stated that there was a chance they did some of the same things and it appears that may be the case.   You said plainly that VW could have chosen the Daimler tech but chose not to. In the end doing so may very well have found them in the same boat.    
    • Haula is probably going to see a lot of playing time so I don't doubt he will have some nice years, kind of like how Brodziak scored 20 playing as our first line center. I like Schroeder as first call up or emergency player but he just can't consistently bring it in the NHL, that is no crime because when he gets hot he is fun to watch but he just can't stay there. 
    • That's some good info, Thanks.
    •   I think they're shut down, too.  Smells like no money and more welfare...    
    •   Not sure if their still producing cardboard up at that plant anymore?
    • Now Haula and Tuch will have career seasons next year.  Haula is the odds on favorite to win the Ross trophy and Tuch should have a couple Norris' in the next 5 years.     Sounds like Wild might not bring Schroeder back either.  I really hope they are contenders for a strong center or a really nice goal scorer.  
    • Good point about the center support.  I wandered out to my ground blind on one of the last days of archery season to find the roof caved in and two poles busted. 
    • MMmmm Cloquet....   Smells like money.
    • I am a little concerned with it fading but it needs to be left up for the deer to get accustomed to it so no way around that.   I assume the sun is the main culprit in fading so I'll do my best to protect against that.  One spot I'm considering is tucked into some pines which create a lot of shade, brushing it in heavily should also help keep it out of direct sun as well.   Good point about a center support to help with the snow.  I'll make sure to add something.
  • Our Sponsors