Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
fishingstar

Carbon and a direct Injection

I have a 14 Impala with 3.6 in it that has 66000on it. I started getting a p0301 code.

Took it in to the dealer they found low compression. They told me that they are having problems

with the dI engines building up carbon on the valves. So they are going to do a valve job on the heads.

They said it has to do with oil quality I reminded  them that they did all oil changes up to the warranty at 48000

at that point I started to do them my self and used mobile 1. So I'm not buying it.

Do anybody heard of this and how do I stop it from happening again.

At this rate this car will be off warranty in less then a year.  

I don't know about the car, but I have a 15 Silverado 6.2 and I put on an oil catch can, its made by Elite engineering. I get roughly 2-4 oz every 1000 miles in the can that otherwise would have been on the valves. Check it out and see if they make one for the cars, I know they do for the camaro and corvette.

From what I under stand the injector is in the combustion chamber the gas does not wash over the valve when the gas is injected. So all of the byproducts stick to the hot valve. 

indirect injection will inject gas so it will wash the deposits off the intake valves.

So long story short gas should have no impact on it.

This is all new to me and I'm trying to understand it and prevent it from happening again.

So if i'm wrong on any thing set me straight.

You are correct in that a direct injection motor the gas does not wash over the valves. On my Silverado the pcv hose comes from the crankcase and runs back to the intake which runs the dirty oil vapors onto the intake valves, now with my oil catch can it runs from crankcase to catch can, which separates oil from the air before running back into the intake. The new ford ecoboost motor for 2017 has both port and direct injection to help alleviate crusted up valves.

Most if not all the manufacturers are running into this issue with direct injection. Upper intake cleanings an a regular basis may be another option to consider.

The good news is the timing chain will stretch and cause all kinds of problems. You will most likely be out of warranty when this happens. 

Got my car back yesterday. They cleaned up the head found a bad injector then found a small vacuum leak. After 80 some miles got the same 301 code. They are telling me that the extra fuel from the bad injector was causing the extra carbon buildup. That all makes sense but obviously they have not found all the problems. 

37 minutes ago, fishingstar said:

Got my car back yesterday. They cleaned up the head found a bad injector then found a small vacuum leak. After 80 some miles got the same 301 code. They are telling me that the extra fuel from the bad injector was causing the extra carbon buildup. That all makes sense but obviously they have not found all the problems. 

Did they throw on a new wire and plug on C1?

7 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Did they throw on a new wire and plug on C1?

coil over plug. no wire.

I just did an injector on a 3.6. Not a real fun job. The injector stuck open and filled the cylinder with fuel. After replacing the injector the engine ran but soon developed some undesirable noises. It is getting a new motor on thursday...

58 minutes ago, Jeremy airjer W said:

coil over plug. no wire.

I just did an injector on a 3.6. Not a real fun job. The injector stuck open and filled the cylinder with fuel. After replacing the injector the engine ran but soon developed some undesirable noises. It is getting a new motor on thursday...

Doesn't like to run with a crank full of gas huh! Lol