• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

After all of the deer hunters leave the woods I like to get out and find and harvest chaga! Has anyone had any experiences with this amazing fungus? I've got a friend that is drinking this a few times a day and the tumor on his lungs has shrunk by 75%. No other drugs, just chaga, labrador tea, and some sort of medicine called bear root. 

Chaga is supposed to be one heck of medicine, or one heck of a healthy tea to drink. I've been picking it the last couple of years, and still haven't drank any lol. I just give it away to friends and family who request it. Anyone have any good preservation and preparation methods?

Ok, I'll give what I've learned. Don't pick chaga from a dead tree, there is a relationship chaga and the tree have while the tree is alive, there are healing characteristics that the fungus have while the tree is alive that don't accompany the tree when it is dead. I've heard from western science folks that while there is some brown inside the chaga it is still usable. 

After using tea made from chaga for awhile, I am not sure I have realized any positive health benifits. I plan to keep using the chaga tea through out the winter. I would also like to try a chaga tenture. If anyone has any tips or advice please share.