• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

With our 60 day flyway limit it's hard to stretch it out. Opener in Northern MN is typically pretty slim on teal since they leave early and by close lots of our deep lakes are still open the past two years. IMO not that it matters, I'd rather see an earlier start with a larger gap. 

I think what fish meant was it might not hurt to allow more than 60 days for a season in states like MN.

When the birds are late we can still have a chance at the northern birds.  If freeze up and the flights are early, the longer season won't matter.  There won't be much if anything to shoot.

I get what you're saying about lengthening the gap, but that's a roll of the dice since we have little chance of knowing when freeze up will get those late birds moving.  How long do you make the gap?

After a year in my new area of the state I can adjust my expectations and chase more wisely next year.  This year I was anticipating much better.  I think that's the worst part - the big push being the big let down.

Canada has over a 100 day season

MN and some of the northern fly thru states that ice up all season should have at least a 90 day season.

But when we have a commissioner that won't even give us a 2 bonus bwt during the first 2 weeks of the season like neighboring states, there is no way he is going to bat for us to try to get us a longer season from the Feds.

Half the reason you see ducks around in MN after the season is closed, is because the season is closed.

No pressure on the birds tends to allow them to stick around, instead of 37 flat bottoms mudding into every last bit of open water running the ducks off all to shoot some lawn darts and fishy ducks.

Had hoped to get down to Rochester. Saw quite a few flying from my Mayo room on Monday. Not quite ready to battle the weather that's here and coming. Maybe Tuesday or Wednesday. Have to see how blood numbers look on Mondays test. Thats usually about the time the chemo crash hits. Might be the end of the season for me. Time to set goals for spring snows.

Season is over. Need to stay isolated until my numbers climb back up. Starting to plan for next year. Definitely going to enter the lottery for sodak. Hope to breed our dog and get a new pup started. That will put her in Texas with the trainer all winter. Thinking a stop in Arkansas/Missouri/Kansas on the way down for some bay hunting will help with this year's lost season. Nicaragua looking intriguing also. Ducks and doves in paradise.