Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Getanet

Reasonable Price to Sell Vexilar FL-18

13 posts in this topic

Just looking for some opinions on what a reasonable price to sell my Vexilar FL-18 Genz Pack might be.  They currently retail for $399 at Fleet Farm. I've only used mine for 2 winters, and  probably less than 10 times on the ice. Still have the box, charger, battery is in good shape, etc. Basically like new.

Tried to do some research but can't find many FL 18s on C-List, nor the For Sale section of HSO. Prices for other models are all over the place.  Was thinking $250 would be a price I could live with and would be a good deal for the buyer. But wanted some other opinions from folks who have perhaps purchased a used one or done some research on one. If I decide to sell it I want to be firm on my price - won't be looking to negotiate.

Keep in mind that there are a lot of ice shows coming up and Black Friday is right around the corner. I almost pulled the trigger on an FL18 Genz last February when Scheels had them on sale for $299. I am not saying that you are out of line based on the price today, but depends on how seriously you want to get rid of it. If I were looking at used right now (which I kind of am),  $200 would be about my max given the upcoming sale potentials. Just my two cents.

elkrivermn likes this

That's a good point RL_SD. Although, after Black Friday a lot of the really good deals will be over until later in the winter when they're trying to dump inventory. For what it's worth, I think I paid about $320 for mine when at the end of season - so that deal you saw at Scheel's was pretty good.

$250 is more than fair, most FL8's get 175-200. Can't beat the durability and customer service from Vex

15 hours ago, Jim Uran said:

$250 is more than fair, most FL8's get 175-200. Can't beat the durability and customer service from Vex

Keep in mind that the price highly fluctuates depending on the "pack" or mount (Genz vs. Propack vs. Ultrapack)

While I may not agree w/ you on price, I can definitely agree with you on durability! I got my FL-8 as a Xmas gift was I was 15.... 20 yrs later it still works like a charm! The only reason that I am thinking about getting a different one is because my boys are starting to fish with me and are getting comfortable with what the blinking lights mean. Never had to touch it, although it has growled a little more over the last 3 yrs or so!

Jim Uran and elkrivermn like this

I sold one last year for $200, guy was very happy. I had it since they came out. Bought a 28. 

Jim Uran likes this

On 11/8/2016 at 0:11 PM, Getanet said:

Just looking for some opinions on what a reasonable price to sell my Vexilar FL-18 Genz Pack might be.  They currently retail for $399 at Fleet Farm. I've only used mine for 2 winters, and  probably less than 10 times on the ice. Still have the box, charger, battery is in good shape, etc. Basically like new.

Tried to do some research but can't find many FL 18s on C-List, nor the For Sale section of HSO. Prices for other models are all over the place.  Was thinking $250 would be a price I could live with and would be a good deal for the buyer. But wanted some other opinions from folks who have perhaps purchased a used one or done some research on one. If I decide to sell it I want to be firm on my price - won't be looking to negotiate.

$250-$275 for a used one is abount perfect. An FL8 will sell for $200. 

Thanks for all the input guys. When I go to sell I'll price it at $250. I'm comfortable knowing it's a good unit that has been taken care of and used very little. I don't have any complaints about it, but when I saw my buddies Hummingbird Helix-5 w/GPS last winter that seemed like an ideal set-up for me, and can also be used on the boat up at the cabin.

1 hour ago, Mike89 said:

vex can be used on a boat too.

Yeah I know, but it doesn't seem to be the most practical, particularly when trolling. Not sure about other models, but the FL-18 adjusts in 10-foot increments, so you would spend half your time adjusting the dials.

Well all that and the helix has like 10x the features.

I paid $275 for a hsolist FL18 pro pack maybe 8 years ago.  I know they have dropped in price and at the time they were the top of the line.  Still going strong though, but it's been on backup/loaner duty since I got a 'bird.