• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Snowmobile helmets

Walleyehooker

1 hour ago, Walleyehooker said:

I'm looking for a new helmet for snowmobiling. Pretty sure I want a modular one with a heated shield. Looked at some FXR ones online that look OK for around $300. What do you have and what do you like or dislike about it.

I heard that some modular helmets can make some rattle or squeaky noises, but they look pretty nice. I know Randy has one and may give some better feed back?

Picked up a Gmax modular helmet with heated shield for $80 off of c list. I usually don't buy used helmets but was advertised like new and not a scratch in it and close by so thought it was worth a look. Looked just like new and the price was very good I thought as a heated shield is 80-90 itself. And the colors go with my jacket and sled. Also has a flip down tinted shield.

24 minutes ago, Walleyehooker said:

Picked up a Gmax modular helmet with heated shield for $80 off of c list. I usually don't buy used helmets but was advertised like new and not a scratch in it and close by so thought it was worth a look. Looked just like new and the price was very good I thought as a heated shield is 80-90 itself. And the colors go with my jacket and sled. Also has a flip down tinted shield.

As long as the colors match, that's the important thing!!  :D

Sounds like a good buy. ;)

I picked up a HJC modular that matches my sled and like it ,,,the flip down sunshield is nice on sunny days and the heated shield works wonders to keep the fog down ,,,Walleyehooker do you have the plug on your sled already for the heated shield ,,,I had mine installed before I picked up the sled new 

I dont have any rattles with my helmet ,,,,Just the voices in my head when I get passed by some dickens on the trail 

Edited by LoonASea

Yes my machine already has the plugin for the shield. Also has a plugin in the rear for a passenger to. Also has a 12 volt plugin I use to plug in the GPS but it took a while to find it as its in the bottom of the glove box and hard to even see. Actually didn't even know the glove box was there till a couple days after I got the machine and started playing around with stuff.

On 11/6/2016 at 5:17 PM, Walleyehooker said:

Yes my machine already has the plugin for the shield. Also has a plugin in the rear for a passenger to. Also has a 12 volt plugin I use to plug in the GPS but it took a while to find it as its in the bottom of the glove box and hard to even see. Actually didn't even know the glove box was there till a couple days after I got the machine and started playing around with stuff.

Oh the problems with having a lux sled.  I can't find all the goodies! :lol:

https://shopping.shadetreepowersports.com/en-us/products/snowmobile/helmets/modular-helmets/solid-ckx-tranz-1-5-rsv-modular-helmet-winter

Would be hard to beat the price of the above Modular helmet with amber sunshield at $70 sale price for the yellow one. I recently paid $92 for same helmet and I like it, comes with a nice bag and travel case and has a quick release chin strap. An electric shield can be added.

Edited by Ron Vroom
Incorrect price

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 6:48 PM, fishersofmen said:

Anyone on here use an open face for sledding? My boys prefer them and say they don't get cold but I don't believe them. Seems like a lot of the younger guys out there have them now.

wear a good balaclava and get a open face with a cold weather breath box never had a problem