• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Outdoor cuttingboard setups

Chaws

Question

Looking for a Christmas gift idea and recalled the Excel Xtruder board and wall mount. Anyone have experience with that setup or can recommend something that you've set up at your house/cabin? Looking for something that isn't permanently set up so it can be removed and easily cleaned.

3 answers to this question

May not what you are thinking, but my set up is a good cutting board,( got mine on line; 24x30x3 in thick) then I bought one of the small plastic folding tables. ( think it's a 4 ft.) Can be set up almost anywhere and very portable. Has adjustable heights so one can work standing or on a stool.

The cabelas outdoor fish cleaning table is pretty nice, and it is on sale for 59.99 down from 99.  I think it was in the 'gift' catalog that just came.  Hooks up to a hose and has a drain to a bucket.   Folds for storage. 

If I was forced to clean fish outside I'd probably get something like the Cabelas cleaning table.

That would be inside a screen tent with a light. Thankfully I don't have to clean fish outside.     

That might be because I don't make a huge stinking mess and clean up after I'm done  :) but if I was married to some of my buddies they'd be cleaning fish outside too.

I use flexible plastic cutting boards and clean fish at the kitchen counter. 

Clear the counter off and empty the sink.  Put the garbage can next to the counter and have your fish wrap out.   Clean your fish(be sure they are dead before they hit the counter) and put the guts and carcass in the garbage can. If its Summer and a few days away from garbage day I freeze the guts.  Rinse your fish in the sink and then wrap them.  Bring your cutting board to the sink and rinse it off. Now fill the sink with soapy water and a splash of bleach.  Wash the cutting board, knife, counter, and wipe down anything else you touched then empty the trash. No one would ever know you just cleaned a mess of fish.