• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Making Hot Sauce

Who has done it? I went to a wedding last month, a guy made some homemade ghost pepper sauce, it sent me into a sweaty bung burning spiral. Even though it burned, it tasted amazing. There aren't too many hot sauces that I don't like, but there are a few that taste like dump to me. Tobasco is nasty, I can handle the heat, it's just the tangy fermented taste that gets me gagging. I love their green sauce though. 

I've got some ingredients laying around that will be melded into my own unique hot sauce, I like flavor as well as a good burn in my hot sauce. I'll let you know how this turns out once I figure out just what I'm going to do, in the mean time if anyone has any good recipes they'd like to share I'd love to hear them. 

There are a few posts on making Home made hot sauce down the thread line in the Cooking area.

I just go pick up a ton of Jalapenos at Walmart or Cub and blend them in a blender with a cup of white vinegar. All my relatives loved it. I also have made a few XXX ones just for me using Habaneros,Thai peppers and Ghost peppers but they cost a lot more to buy. :)

Edited by leech~~

Ok I had about a dozen and a half jalapenos, mixed red and green, and about a half dozen anaheim chilis left from the garden. I rough chopped those after I slid them under the broiler for a few minutes alongside 5 or 6 cloves of garlic. It went into a pot with a cup and a half of white vinegar, the juice from a couple of limes and a can of chipotle peppers and adobo sauce to add a little smokiness. That all simmered for a while before I stuck it all into a blender with about a cup of apple cider vinegar and let that blend for a while. I strained it through a wire strainer and it has been in the fridge for a few days. Wow it is so good, the spice level is approaching hot but the flavor is amazing.