• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Has anyone fished here? Fishing info has been pretty nonexistent online. The fact there are trout here caught my interest. I remember e-mailing the DNR, asking wether they stocked the lake in spring or fall, but can't remember what they told me. More curious about the bass fishing though, just in case trout are inactive (or fished out).

Thanks for the link. I saw another lake on that list that was good bass fishing, but they had discontinued stocking trout several years back. Nice to see they resumed, even if it is only a few hundred. I'm fishing perch lake for sure on Friday, but am looking to add a 2nd lake to fish, since it's so small. Square lake, here on the Minnesota side would be ideal, but I can't get a hold of the DNR regarding trout stocking there. I'm down to an electric motor with my little boat anyway, as I need to do some carburetor work on the outboard.

Decided to avoid the crowds, and spend the MN trout opener here. It's a nice little lake. However, the $8 fee will probably keep me from coming here in the winter again. Didn't catch any trout, but I did get 2 little bass, and 3 big bluegills. I'm thinking this lake must be loaded with bass, as past winter reports I've read almost always included multiple bass caught. Could be a fun lake to fish in the fall.

It appears that Beaver Creek is a trout stream. I'm wondering if there might be some extra brookies coming into the lake from upstream, or at least maybe some of the stocked fish are able to spawn upstream? Wishful thinking anyway, as 500 trout a year really isn't that many. Still looks like a nice little lake.