• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Need a light connector for a Shorelander

3andadog

I had a tire blow on my trailer at highway speed. It blew the fender off and the wiring. I can't find the bayonet plug that actually fits the clearance lights. Does anyone have a clue as to where I could buy some? It is not the blue or red style you see everywhere.

image.jpeg

You might try calling shorelandr.   When I called them (some years ago) they were very helpful.  

Second choice would be take it to a good auto parts store.  I bet they can tell you what it is and sell you another.

Thanks, I'll try Shorelander. Perhaps they've changed this. My lights have 2 individual plugs, not a single unit but I'll take whatever works.

I'm so lucky this happened just outside of the Pine City single lane construction  bypass, same for whoever was behind me too.

Bummer, unless it is cheap.  

Looking at those connectors again, they look like stuff I have seen at Fleet Farm and places like that as "bullet connectors" in the automobile electrical wiring area, with all the wire and crimp on stuff.  

I looked on amazon because it was easy, and got these pictures....

Trick will be to get right size...   But they are cheap.  They also come waterproof with heat shrink.  If you get desperate you could replace both sides....  The kits come with male and female typically. 

I bet any autoparts store sells them as well. 

con1.jpgcon2.jpgcon3.jpg

The connector I posted is most definitely the right one. (for that style light)

I've installed dozens of them.

Pretty sure Fleet farm has them too.

If you are in the metro area and willing to pick it up I will be glad to give it to you!

It would be far less work and cost to replace one pigtail than a whole harness.

Edited by Macgyver55

I didn't ignore the pic, you may have missed my post stating that I have individual plugs for each wire. I assumed that type of plug was not applicable for my trailer. Apparently Shorelander has changed the connection. All the crimp plugs I have seen at automotive stores, Northern, or Ace hardware have been too large.

I appreciate the help and the offer but I'm in town near Oakdale and I'll run out there to Fleet and pick one up.

It's amazing that such a small part can be so difficult to locate. My Shorelander manual doesn't show any electrical wiring nor list any of it as a part number. 

It's your choice, I'm only trying to save you some time and money.

What I think you are not understanding is that this is a standardized plug that is used on many light applications and will fit yours.  It is actually the recommended plug more so than two single ones and is more corrosion resistant. 

But again, it's your choice so whatever you decide is great!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

For cripes sake!!! Wire it over to the plug like Macgyver is showing!!! This is a 5 mn job that shoulda been done bada bing!!! If not that way, any electrical repair shop or box store electrical dept has bullet connectors the size you need...I have an entire tray assortment of them! 

RSS, that was why I was going to Fleet Farm - to get the plug - I get that it's changed. I guess you didn't understand my harness was not exactly like what was posted and I was a little hesitant to drop more money until I understood what was going on. I apologize for not being omnipotent. My guess is this one piece style is a lot easier to plug in and out and perhaps more water proof.

BTW, the bullet connectors posted don't fit, I've actually tried them. I have trays of them too.