• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Views from the Stand '16

Lunker

View from the ground blind.  Straight ahead there is a secondary trail moving left to right that goes around some wet lowland and that intersects with a larger main trail that was out the window to my right that skirts the lowland on the north side.  I have the blind set up so that the secondary trail is 20 yards away and the main trail is 17 yards away.   Had a doe walk down the secondary trail the first day I hunted this spot but had the blind set up in a different location and I didn't see the doe until it was 10 feet from my blind and by that time its mighty hard to draw a bow without spooking a deer thats close enough to know what I had for breakfast. 

20161008_183820.jpg

1 hour ago, Timber Ghost said:

My son and I scouted and put up a few cameras and posted our new proeprty for hunting this weekend. Good times are coming.

Posted.jpg

Doesn't the high fence keep Deer out too?

Couple more sits in different spots this week. Seeing smaller bucks moving.

First is a little valley with a spring originating in it. A snowmobile path runs through it. Is a great travel corridor connecting two creek bottoms and two ridges.

Second is from a ridgtop stand not far from ag between a bedding area. Mostly just a nice view of the valley behind me.

IMG_20161021_165916801.jpg

IMG_20161023_075731570_HDR.jpg

Well here's one more because the all day sit has been pretty boring.  Had to move the stand about 40 yards yesterday to try and cut the 8 pointer off on what's become his usual route over the last week.  Between me and my dad we've seen him everyday this week... we're getting closer!

20161112_145941.jpg

Edited by Bass Whacker

One reason for me to be muzzleloading is to scout areas for next bow season.  I liked this low area I found yesterday.  I got a good feel for how the deer use it.  Saw one small 8 and had two put their tracks in mine, but out of sight.  I'd hunt it differently with a bow.

IMG_1245.JPG