• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Difficult to see target when looking thru peep sight

MidCoast

Hey guys,

I was wondering if somebody can help me out by giving me some advice as I am new to archery and don't have any friends who does it.  I have been having extreme issues sighting in my 30 yard and 40 yard pin.  The difficulty lies with me not really able to see my target while I look through my peep sight.  I can't see my target clear enough to align my pin at 30 yards or more to it.  It is just to blurry.  I can see my pin fine but not the target.   I have a Gold Rush 3 pin as my sight on my bow.  

Could it be that my peep sight was installed incorrectly?  Is my peep sight too small for me?    Thanks..  

I switched from a 1/8 peep to a 1/4 and the difference blew my mind. Now I can see the entire sight picture, where before I could only see my pin through the peep. 

A peeps main objective is to ensure you the same anchor each and every shot. Better to open it up if it helps you with a clearer sight picture.

Remove the peep site and use a kisser button instead to ensure you keep the same anchor point.   If you absolutely want the peep, use a bigger one.    I stopped using a peep years ago and have a simple brass nock which goes to the corner of my mouth when at full draw.    

Just a thought, have you checked your eye dominance? If you are looking through your off eye that can make a difference at longer yardages....Unfortunately I have this problem and should've been shooting left handed long ago.  Too stubborn to make that change now, so I shoot a larger peep, with a single pin sight, seems to help- Good Luck 

2 hours ago, John Castleberry said:

My name is John I'm having a little problem with seeing my target though a normal peep sight. I want to make it clear so everytime I shoot pass 20 yrds it will be clear for me all the time. What can I do to make it happen?

Welcome to the forum John.

I would start with an eye exam.  Also they do have larger peep sight holes you could try.  Good luck, let us know what you find out?