• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wi Small Stream Last Outing 2016

Driftless

Three Gays Mills boys celebrated trout fishing coming to a close for the 2016 season.  We all lived in the small town of Gays Mills 50 years ago.  We are all retired now.

skiwatfishing1.JPG

Not a cloud in the sky.  There was frost when we first began.  The catching was slow for the first hour.

PMend.jpg

Near the end of the outing I pointed out a spot at the top of a tight feed funnel and told Kevin that is where the alpha predator would be laying.  A couple casts later and some positioning and Kevin hit the sweet spot.

His gold panther martin size nine was rocked.  We saw the huge male brown go up on its side and we were all three awed at the "Bronze Beast" he had hooked up on.  This thing was in its full fall spawning colors and an amazing hooked jawed slob.

I had Kevin go down stream a ways to find a good place to net it.  I navigated the soft slippery bank and netted it.  All that was left to do was take some photos.

BronzeBeast.JPG

On 10/16/2016 at 9:15 AM, LHarris said:

Three Gays Mills boys celebrated trout fishing coming to a close for the 2016 season.  We all lived in the small town of Gays Mills 50 years ago.  We are all retired now.

skiwatfishing1.JPG

Not a cloud in the sky.  There was frost when we first began.  The catching was slow for the first hour.

PMend.jpg

Near the end of the outing I pointed out a spot at the top of a tight feed funnel and told Kevin that is where the alpha predator would be laying.  A couple casts later and some positioning and Kevin hit the sweet spot.

His gold panther martin size nine was rocked.  We saw the huge male brown go up on its side and we were all three awed at the "Bronze Beast" he had hooked up on.  This thing was in its full fall spawning colors and an amazing hooked jawed slob.

I had Kevin go down stream a ways to find a good place to net it.  I navigated the soft slippery bank and netted it.  All that was left to do was take some photos.

BronzeBeast.JPG

Great way to end the season!