Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
DonBo

Anyone Chasing the Big Birds this Fall?

I've got a tag in my pocket just in case one comes by while I'm bowhunting.  I hear them most mornings, but so far they've stayed on the neighboring property.

This morning they've been gobbling. Love to hear that in the fall. Maybe one will wonder my way. 

I miss my fall trips to So Dak when I could actually target them.

Took my son out of for the first time Saturday afternoon. Just set up a ground blind next to a picked corn field. had 2 different groups close but not close enough for his 20 guage. Next time ill bring a decoy and a hen call...

Well we tried a few more times but no luck. The farmer plowed the corn field under and the big flock that was frequenting the field moved onto greener pastures. Still fun to hang out in the blind with my son!

I never actually targeted them, just had a tag in my pocket in case something came by while bowhunting.  Well the season is over, and the tag is still in my pocket :(

That's OK DonBo. I've had plenty of those empty tags over the years. More deer tags over the last ten years than I would like. I prefer them on wheat bread with a slice of cheese and mayo.:grin: