• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ditch the Gophers once and for all and support a real college football program

Big Dave2

Consider it done lol. I think a part of the tides roll is the same as NDSU, they have no professional teams in the state so my gut says gopher football might be in better shape I repeat might be if we didn't have any pro sport teams here we support, just my guess at it. So the tide will roll on forever and gopher football will always be our 7th sports team in the state.

A nasty animal that you trap and get a dollar for from your township. I think it has some effect in MN having multiple multiple options with Alabama what sport do you think of when you think Alabama ? It's not the Alabama Huntsville hockey squad, they are to Alabama what gopher football is to Mn. Would it matter if we didn't have the vikes,twins,wolves,north stars/wild,lynx soccer as well and the overlapping of all these sport seasons ? Might still be mediocre at best, we'll never know. I think if it was the only show in town we could draw in a top notch coach and staff, players who knows it's all hypothetical. For street cred BigD what is your connections to Alabama ? You are not just tossing on the hat and jacket we all hope. :)

wo Alabama football players, including star left tackle Cam Robinson, were arrested early Tuesday morning in their hometown of West Monroe, La., on possession of narcotics.

Robinson and defensive back Hootie Jones faced the charges after police smelled marijuana and a bag of the substance was on the floor of the car. Robinson, a potential first-round draft pick next season, faced more serious charges -- along with misdemeanor possession, Robinson was also charged with felony illegal possession of stolen firearms.

Robinson was released from jail on bond $5,750 bond at 7:17 a.m, according to the Ouachita Parish Sheriff Office. Jones was also released on $3,250 bond.

The arrest occurred early Tuesday morning in a parking lot of a local park. According to the police report, officers pulled up to Robinson's car at 2:33 a.m. smelling marijuana. 

When approaching the vehicle, officers spotted a handgun on the lap of the passenger. A bag of marijuana was also observed on the driver's side floorboard. The stolen handgun was located under Robinson's seat.

Jones and Robinson were also charged with possessing a handgun in the presence of narcotics. The charges were filed at 4:02 a.m.According to Louisiana state law, punishment for a conviction on stolen weapon possession calls for jail time "for not less than one year nor more than five years."

Alabama offensive lineman Alphonse Taylor was arrested and charged with driving under the influence on Sunday, according to records from the Tuscaloosa County Sheriff's Department page.

Taylor remained in the Tuscaloosa County jail early Sunday afternoon on $1,000 bond. A jail official didn't have any details on his arrest. Calls to the Tuscaloosa Police Department were referred to a spokesperson, who did not immediately return a message from The Associated Press.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alabama Crimson Tide linebacker Tim Williams was arrested Thursday morning by campus police on a misdemeanor charge of carrying a pistol without a permit.

According to the Associated Press, the University of Alabama Police Department incident report shows that Williams was arrested at about 1 a.m. Thursday in his vehicle.

http://arrestnation.com/tag/university-of-alabama-football-player-arrested/

5 hours ago, O.T.C. said:

For street cred BigD what is your connections to Alabama ? You are not just tossing on the hat and jacket we all hope. :)

I lived in Decatur Alabama as a kid (in the 1970's) and have been a Crimson Tide fan ever since. 

5 hours ago, delcecchi said:

wo Alabama football players, including star left tackle Cam Robinson, were arrested early Tuesday morning in their hometown of West Monroe, La., on possession of narcotics.

Robinson and defensive back Hootie Jones faced the charges after police smelled marijuana and a bag of the substance was on the floor of the car. Robinson, a potential first-round draft pick next season, faced more serious charges -- along with misdemeanor possession, Robinson was also charged with felony illegal possession of stolen firearms.

Robinson was released from jail on bond $5,750 bond at 7:17 a.m, according to the Ouachita Parish Sheriff Office. Jones was also released on $3,250 bond.

The arrest occurred early Tuesday morning in a parking lot of a local park. According to the police report, officers pulled up to Robinson's car at 2:33 a.m. smelling marijuana. 

When approaching the vehicle, officers spotted a handgun on the lap of the passenger. A bag of marijuana was also observed on the driver's side floorboard. The stolen handgun was located under Robinson's seat.

Jones and Robinson were also charged with possessing a handgun in the presence of narcotics. The charges were filed at 4:02 a.m.According to Louisiana state law, punishment for a conviction on stolen weapon possession calls for jail time "for not less than one year nor more than five years."

Alabama offensive lineman Alphonse Taylor was arrested and charged with driving under the influence on Sunday, according to records from the Tuscaloosa County Sheriff's Department page.

Taylor remained in the Tuscaloosa County jail early Sunday afternoon on $1,000 bond. A jail official didn't have any details on his arrest. Calls to the Tuscaloosa Police Department were referred to a spokesperson, who did not immediately return a message from The Associated Press.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alabama Crimson Tide linebacker Tim Williams was arrested Thursday morning by campus police on a misdemeanor charge of carrying a pistol without a permit.

According to the Associated Press, the University of Alabama Police Department incident report shows that Williams was arrested at about 1 a.m. Thursday in his vehicle.

http://arrestnation.com/tag/university-of-alabama-football-player-arrested/

What's your point?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

University of Minnesota football players accused of sexual assault, harassment and retaliation

E-mails say array of allegations against football players demonstrates "concerning pattern." 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minneapolis police investigating 4 suspended Gophers players

Four Gophers football players were suspended ahead of the game Saturday for allegedly violating team rules.
By: Paul Blume
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

POSTED:SEP 12 2016 08:03PM CDT

UPDATED:SEP 12 2016 08:30PM CDT

MINNEAPOLIS (KMSP) - Minneapolis police say they are working to determine whether the four University of Minnesota football players who were recently suspended from the team are involved in sexual assault case.

Gophers football coach Tracy Claeys suspended the players ahead of last Saturday’s game against Indiana State University for what he described as a violation of team rules. The players were suspended from all team activities, including games. University officials chose not to comment on either the length of suspension or the nature of the alleged infractions.

9 hours ago, O.T.C. said:

Consider it done lol. I think a part of the tides roll is the same as NDSU, they have no professional teams in the state so my gut says gopher football might be in better shape I repeat might be if we didn't have any pro sport teams here we support, just my guess at it. So the tide will roll on forever and gopher football will always be our 7th sports team in the state.

I know it is conventional wisdom but I don't buy it. You would think that a major market like Minneapolis/St. Paul with all it has to offer, including professional sports franchises would make for a better draw for not only coaches but players. I think it is just an excuse. Ann Arbor is only 35 miles from Detroit.

1 hour ago, Big Dave2 said:

What's your point?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

University of Minnesota football players accused of sexual assault, harassment and retaliation

E-mails say array of allegations against football players demonstrates "concerning pattern." 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minneapolis police investigating 4 suspended Gophers players

Four Gophers football players were suspended ahead of the game Saturday for allegedly violating team rules.
By: Paul Blume
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

POSTED:SEP 12 2016 08:03PM CDT

UPDATED:SEP 12 2016 08:30PM CDT

MINNEAPOLIS (KMSP) - Minneapolis police say they are working to determine whether the four University of Minnesota football players who were recently suspended from the team are involved in sexual assault case.

Gophers football coach Tracy Claeys suspended the players ahead of last Saturday’s game against Indiana State University for what he described as a violation of team rules. The players were suspended from all team activities, including games. University officials chose not to comment on either the length of suspension or the nature of the alleged infractions.

So, that was a month ago.  What was result of investigation?  Any charges?

LOL guys if you haven't quite figured it out quite yet yes a certain % of all college football players are without a doubt is thugs the word lol right down to the community college level. Cool big Dave conventional wisdom sounds good I can see that but it is what it is, gophers rank about 9th on most MN's radar or lower, that's just the deal so tell me why Ann Arbor works then ? Yes winning and losing I would imagine and then some.   

On 11/20/2016 at 1:20 PM, Big Dave2 said:

What ever happened to @Slabasaurus?

alabama auburn meme.jpg

still kickin it.... I'm sad sillytown has become the same convo day after day, but I still check it over lunch for some reason.  I don't know why.  Anyway.

got a message this morning reminding me how fun this was.

Should be a good iron bowl this year.  should be...

2 hours ago, Slabasaurus said:

got a message this morning reminding me how fun this was.

I didn't think that was any fun at all :(

2 hours ago, Slabasaurus said:

Should be a good iron bowl this year.  should be...

If you like lopsided games in Alabama's favor then yes, it should be a good one. :D

I gotta tell ya, this up coming weekend is by far the one I look forward to the most all college season.

On Friday night I'll be flipping between the NDSU/James Madison FCS semifinal game and the D3 championship.

Then Saturday afternoon, I'll have the D2 championship game, followed by the second FCS semifinal.

I enjoy these games way more than the D1 bowl games, tho have to admit that with the BCS playoff, that they're a bit better.

The true playoff run that the other divisions have to get thru, makes it all the better to me.  

Edited by Xplorer

The problem for me is that the people who are in favor of a college playoff have been outed as frauds this year. The argument for a playoff system is that you end up with a "true" champion because of head to head play but then they select a Big 10 team that was beaten by the ultimate Big 10 Champion. If you want to put the onus on head to head play then why wouldn't everyone be screaming for Penn State to be in instead of Ohio State? If a committee is going to pick the top 4, why not just let them pick the top 2? That way you still had a championship game and traditions were for the most part upheld. 

For D1 and the NCAA it boils down to the almighty dollar.  If they thought having a bigger playoff would return more $$ to them they would do it.  With the bowl traditions, I dont ever see D1 going to more than an 8 team playoff ever.  They can talk about student/athletes having to study for finals blah, blah, blah, but if every other division can do it, then the full ride kids with their tutors etc could figure it out too. 

I think that the way they are getting around Penn State is that their losses are bad losses, to an unranked Pitt and a bad loss at MI.  Granted those were early in the season, but a 3 point home win over OSU isnt enough to make up for them.  

Personally, barring several injuries, I really dont see anyone challenging Alabama this year.  They actually seem more dominant this year than last.  

I would have said the same for NW Missouri State in D2, but they had several key injuries in their semifinal win last weekend, and that game is now close to a "pick-em" (wildcat will be the weather in that one, North Alabama may have some adjusting to do playing in snow/ice and very cold weather).   I was at their last loss, here at UMD, in the 2014 playoffs.  They have won 29 straight since then.

I do like seeing teams that would normally never play each other, get together in a bowl game. Just seams that they really try to get tons of Big10/SEC matchups each year (and yes, that equals $$$$$ since they both "travel" well).  

Ah well, a great time of year for college football fans!!!  :) 

On 12/14/2016 at 0:59 PM, Xplorer said:

Ah well, a great time of year for college football fans!!!  :) 

Unless you're a Gopher fan!

Pssst.............now would be a great time to "Ditch the Gophers". ;)

bama fans.jpg