Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

1eyeReD

Crop harvest reports Fall 2016...

17 posts in this topic

OK, guys. Location, what kind of crop and when.

I'll start. Seen a guy getting started with the corn near Cannon Falls the other night. Gonna hunt a trail leading to that field this week if I get a good wind.

OK now, shoot.

Most corn is down here in northwest morrison county.  Beans are almost complete.

Princeton area only saw a few fields that had corn picked and the beans seem to be being picked now...

Came through SD and MN into WI yesterday. A lot of the beans are out or being done now. Lots of corn still in but saw quite a bit being taken out.

they giving her hard now most beans r out on the high ground some corn started but think be long fall with all the wet spots

I've seen a few bean/corn feilds being picked but not hard core yet just north of the metro

Drove from Little Falls to Fargo today.  Most anything left in is corn, and more than I expected see.  Stands to reason for the amounts of water dumped in the area.

Some bean fields are so far done they're being disced for the winter.

It sure looks a lot like fall out there!  I was drooling over some of the birdy looking cover trying to see some roosters.

Actually, come to think of it, I saw hardly any ducks, some geese, no pheasants and no deer.  Huh, I suddenly feel disappointed!

I did see a coyote cross 115 in front of me on the east edge of Randall.  I guess that's something...

Was back out in bluff country in SE MN. Most corn is still standing. Saw some small strips of cut corn indicating they are slowly starting. Wacked a doe BTW.

ozzie and ANYFISH2 like this

Beans are gone, can see many ruts made by the equipment, no corn happening some fields are flooded badly yet in spots, the only gone corn is by the few that chop for cattle and even then some had to avoid the mud/standing water this is an hour north of the metro. Congrats on the doe, got me thinking tenderloins and backstraps.

Yesterday I drove from Detroit Lakes to Glenwood. Took a scenic route off the main highways. Looks like all the bean are out and the guys are attacking the corn fields. Lots of combines going but they have a lot of corn to get through....

Edited by paceman

Kerns getting knocked down around the W/NW metro finally 

I would say corn in my area is 80 to 90 percent gone, beans are pretty much all gone.  Combines and gravity boxes are not getting replaced with tractors and plows.  Still heavy farm traffic on the roads, be safe and respect that equipment on the road!   You can wait the extra 10 minutes to get to your deer stand if you have to follow farm equipment.  It's not worth your life or theirs to pass them in a dangerous location.  ( I see this every year)

I would say 90% of the corn is still standing just north of the metro

Farmers are still contemplating their corn's moisture content around Center MN.  Debating if they want to dry it after harvest or continue to let it stand.  Of course some fields are out.

So I guess the prediction on whether the corn will be out by gun opener will hinge on your areas soil type and field drainage characteristics.

SE MN is slowly getting taken out. Was out to pick up some trail cams over the weekend and saw some combines in the process... Majority of the fields I saw from the road are still full of standing corn though.

Drove north to the cities today. Surprised to see so much corn still in the fields. In my area, east to the Mississippi River, much of the crops are out, west and north, many of them are still in.