• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild 2016-17 Regular Season

bbfenatic

Forget the Hawks, that appears to be a pipe dream, we are likely getting the Blue's at home. Should be a very interesting series and I am sure Yoe will do everything he can to take us down. One thing I will say about Yoe is I liked his coaching in the playoffs, aside from that Dallas series we did very well under him. The first year we hit the playoffs we were just outclassed in every way by the Hawks, no chance on that one and we were just happy to be there. Last year we didn't even deserve to be in the playoffs but the Avs gifted us a spot. In between we played very well and really exceeded most peoples expectations taking out the division leader both times.

The team we have now is far superior to those, lets hope they start acting like it. Seems like right now we just can't score, these guys need to get our offensive mojo back in a big way or we go home early.

Pom 1 in his last 19

Suter 1 in last 27

Parise 2 in last 11

Brodin 0 in last 30

Hanzal 1 in last 12

Zucker 1 in last 13

Nino 1 in last 19

Haula 1 in last 17

Koivu 2 in last 23

Combine that with a weak defense and iffy goaltending.....yikes. 

On a brighter note somehow we are still 2nd in the west and Staal is scoring in bunches again, just need the rest of the team to catch up, save for Grandlund, he's just been good all year and even when he is bad he is probably our best player.

Edited by Bear55

2 hours ago, Bear55 said:

On a brighter note somehow we are still 2nd in the west and Staal is scoring in bunches again, just need the rest of the team to catch up, save for Grandlund, he's just been good all year and even when he is bad he is probably our best player.

Makes no difference what place we are in or that Stall has scored 2 goals in the last 5 games (you call that bunches?).....who would not want to play the Wild in the first round at this point?  This is absolutley shocking to me....they appear to me like a ship without a Captain....7 games left to figure it out.

Time to put Zucker back up with Granny and Koivu.  Sometimes when he gets pushed down in the lineup he stops working as hard.  Put him back on #1 line and he will pick it up.

Then Parise, Staal and Pommer.  Put Coyle, Nino and Haula together.

Was fun shifting the lines every game early on, but time to settle in.

5 minutes ago, BartmanMN said:

Time to put Zucker back up with Granny and Koivu.  Sometimes when he gets pushed down in the lineup he stops working as hard.  Put him back on #1 line and he will pick it up.

Nailed It!!!  Way too much tinkering went on...some of that brought on by Fletch...Hansal, White/Schroeder, Stewart for a 4th line would be just fine too...they have to dial in these remaining games to have the consistency needed for the playoffs.

20 minutes ago, Bobby Bass said:

Am I the only one who wants to see Stalock at least get one start so he can show he is a better backup then Kuemper?

I asked the same thing about a Month ago...must be a contract/money issue...we don't spend money foolishly :mad:

I loved BBs post game the other nite after the canucks game,  he nailed it.  Guys got to step it up and play, outside of granny and staal, the rest look like they just started playing.  Lack luster for sure.  Im still hoping they come out and play like I know they are capable of but not looking good

20 hours ago, BartmanMN said:

I would be ok with Coyle taking the place of Pommer, on the Staal and Parise line.  Just for the fact they did have some chemistry the last couple games, and earlier in the year.

We desperate, Ek looked good early in the year and he can clearly make one of the 3rd or 4th line even better.

Not sure how but we are going to beat the Caps tonight and get over this slump! Has to happen at some point right?

23 hours ago, Bear55 said:

Signs of life? Not sure how Dubs and the PK lets Ovi score over and over from the same spot.

Just like all the other teams do. He gets the same shot over and over against every team. Not sure how you let a guy with 18 power play goals float like that. Doesn't hurt Bakstrom is setting it all up. You leave him and just cover Ovi and he will light you up.