• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild 2016-17 Regular Season

bbfenatic

4 hours ago, CaptainMusky said:

Yeah, as frustrated as I was that my DirecTV signal was terrible during the game and it looked like I was watching some 50's rabbit eared antenna, I am more frustrated they lost the game.

How many times can we afford to have Dumba making these stupid mistakes and then he gets rewarded by being on the #1 PP Unit? I cannot wrap my head around that.

Yeah, he did score in the 3rd, but his dumb penalties cost us and he just was not positionally sound at all.

Hopefully the Canes do not put up much of a fight, but they just put up 8 in their last game so I am not holding my breath.

Next time it looks like dump from the Satellite feed, fire up the Fox Sports Go app on your phone or tablet and watch it from there. (Assuming you have high speed Internet)

Bartman, good idea! I even used the app when I was down in Houston over Christmas to watch a couple games. For some reason I didn't even think of it last night!

Miraculously the picture is perfect today! It must have had something to do with signal getting repeated from out east or something. I have never had that happen before.

I watched a bit of the replay this morning and even though the picture was great, the result was still the same UGLY! LOL

You can blame the stupid penalties but you also have to put alot of these games on dubs, I mean i like the guy but jeez sometimes you got to become a wall especially this time of year, not seeing it from him.  Look at the hawks game he wasnt tracking Kane at all and he blew that right by dubs.  Come on Dubby !!!!! we need ya

16 hours ago, CaptainMusky said:

Bartman, good idea! I even used the app when I was down in Houston over Christmas to watch a couple games. For some reason I didn't even think of it last night!

Miraculously the picture is perfect today! It must have had something to do with signal getting repeated from out east or something. I have never had that happen before.

I watched a bit of the replay this morning and even though the picture was great, the result was still the same UGLY! LOL

I have directTV as well and lost all HD signal for a half day on tuesday.

Well should be coming out of our slump any day now, getting back on home ice should help, this can't last forever right? Right? :grin:

Dubs and really the whole team needs to find his early/mid-season form or we are in trouble and it will be just another MN heartbreaker when we are knocked out by the Hawks/whoever again.

On the positive side of things if someone told me in Oct that Grandlund would be sitting on a stat line of 24 41 65 and sitting at 11th in the league with many games left to play I don't think anyone would have believed you. Stall seems to be playing well and I am seeing signs of life in coyle. Shouldn't be long and we will be back on track, we have too good of a team and they are having too good of a season to pizz down their legs right now. A lot of these guys have shown in the past they are very capable of raising their level of play in the post season, we just need to be playing well as a unit and then find that extra gear we know they have.

Again I see Granlund as the only player with that "extra step" right now...not sure if it was his off-season training or just purely a mental thing but most everyone else looks "tired" for the most part IMO.  BD I agree with you on Prosser...the fact that he is even on the ice tells me our depth on D is not up to Par.

I see Zucker took full responsibility on that go ahead goal...did not move his feet on the Cane coming off the boards and let him beat him...again...tired legs or unwilling to to do the job?  I am sure the locker room is getting a little bit tense so it will be interesting to see how they respond coming home tomorrow night...huge game against the Rangers and then back to back with game up in Winnipeg Sunday...grueling schedule down the stretch..."$uck it up boys"!

Yeah, we would have been fine without Folin had Olofsson not gotten hurt. I was really impressed with how Olofsson was coming along. I hope he can stay healthy because he looks like a steady guy similar to Brodin, but has offensive upside.

Granlund is day in day out the only guy that comes to play. Agree on that BB!

I do think that Staal and Coyle have been playing better of late. Coyle the last 2 games has shown glimpses of when he can totally take over a shift. Granted he hasn't been rewarded with a goal as a result, but this is a good sign.

I am hopeful that Hanzal will come back and make a difference. We need him to play a big role down the stretch and into the playoffs.

I am a bit disappointed in the play of late, but a team that played so lights out for so long doesn't get terrible overnight. They have been hit by some injuries, illnesses and then in the middle the dreaded Bye Week!? All those things come together around the same time as their play started declining.

Looking at the remainder of the schedule. The last 5 games this team should "get healthy" because they are terrible teams. We better win out and that should be good timing as we head into the playoffs.

We have one of the weaker remaining schedules out there, but, as we saw last night, that doesn't mean you get the W!

just thinking here, since the trades, the wild cannot win, and Arizona is now winning. food for thought there hey!

I was hoping the wild did nothing during the trade deadlines, as it was working, so there was nothing to fix.

have the guys we got in the trade ever played a playoff game in there careers?

Edited by knoppers

Don't worry guys, we are just getting the bugs out of our game, better to slump now than at the start of the playoffs. 12 games to right the ship, lets hope it doesn't take that much. A good win against a good NY team would help, love to see a good beat down tonight and get some of that confidence back.

how many 2 on 1 does it take just to get a shot on goal? WOW! and when they get a shot, we miss a wide open net. by far, the wild are the worst team in the NHL now, not even a close second. they need to fix this problem now, or else if we make the playoffs, we will have to play the blackhawks again.

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 11:54 PM, knoppers said:

just thinking here, since the trades, the wild cannot win, and Arizona is now winning. food for thought there hey!

The Wild's game was sliding before the trade deadline. It was starting to dip prior to their Bye week, then they came out of the Bye, Parise and Pominville have mumps, Dumba gets Strep, the trade happens, no time for practice for the new guys to get into the new systems, etc and it has perpetuated.

Defensively and goal tending are really lacking right now. Dubnyk is a shell of his old self. Dumba and Scandella are huge liabilities out there.

Hanzal had missed a couple games with strep too. Folin and Olofsson have both been injured. A bunch of things have just come together all at once.

Earlier in the season they didn't have any injuries so even if a few guys were off their game there was enough depth to mask it. Now they have guys out and some guys are slumping so its magnified.

I still think they will be fine, but this is going to be frustrating for sure if it continues for very long. They do have a very easy last several games of the year so hopefully they will hit their stride by then.

On 3/17/2017 at 3:26 PM, CaptainMusky said:

Looking at the remainder of the schedule. The last 5 games this team should "get healthy" because they are terrible teams. We better win out and that should be good timing as we head into the playoffs.

We have one of the weaker remaining schedules out there, but, as we saw last night, that doesn't mean you get the W!

Have to remember that this is a Minnesota team and we have a tendency to lose to teams we should beat especially lately.

Missed the game yesterday but that almost looked like a slump busting 2nd period, shouldn't be long now and we start winning again. This 2-8 stretch has been ugly but as long as we pull out of it we will be fine.

1 hour ago, Bear55 said:

Missed the game yesterday but that almost looked like a slump busting 2nd period, shouldn't be long now and we start winning again. This 2-8 stretch has been ugly but as long as we pull out of it we will be fine.

Overall it was pathetic....bad 1st period, good 2nd period with some awesome "puck luck", bad 3rd from a standpoint that nobody could put the puck in the net with multiple great chances and Dubs let in a weak one. All defense was awful IMO, not just Dumba and Scandella, Brodin weak on the puck, Suter sloppy as can be, Olofson looked lost out there, we were bumping into our own players...at one point I thought I was watching a bunch of rec league players out there...a real circus.

Still time to right the ship but holy cow....not even sure where BB starts with this mess as it sits....and when you don't have the superstars that you can lean on it really makes it that much tougher to pull it all together again....actually will be that much sweeter if they can get it back to the level we recently had it to.

56 minutes ago, Bear55 said:

Streak is broken tonight, we will beat the sharks! :eek:

I hope you are right but my guess is that Dubs is not up to the task yet (if he plays)....SJ has lots of firepower but they did play a game last night...we lose by 2 

I think someone needs to have a heart to heart with Dubs on playing the puck, seems like there are at least a dozen instances a season where he gives me a heart attack or the 1 or 3 times he flubs it and it ends up in the back of the net. Nice to win again, lets keep it going!

Looks like they are back to normal to me...great win...when they "lock down" like they did in the 3rd they are tough to beat...really did not give SJ many quality chances...SJ goals were scrappy....Dubs does go brain dead at times....

They need to prove they are "OK" a few games in a row.