Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rick

Wisconsin Fishing Reports & Outdoor Report for September 29, 2016

1 post in this topic

Fall colors are coming on strong across the Northwoods with some areas now reporting 50 to 75 percent peak color on the Wisconsin Department of Tourism's Fall Color Report (exit DNR).Recent rains have Big Manitou Falls at Pattison State Park flowing higher than normal for fall.Photo Credit: DNRWater levels continue to be very high across much of Wisconsin from recent rains. Big and Little Manitou Falls at Pattison State Park are putting on impressive displays due to the high flows. The Lower Wisconsin State River is running at nearly five times its normal flow for this time of year with sandbars submerged and flows so high that only experienced paddlers should be plying the river now. Fishing has actually improved in the eddy areas on the Wisconsin River with a lot of walleye and white bass being caught. The high water now has the fall chinook salmon run in full swing on the Manitowoc River, with salmon seen at all area dams including Clarks Mills, Shoto, and Mishicot. But the run has yet to really take off on most other tributaries, with some chinook and browns moving up the Milwaukee River and some chinook moving up the Root River. The Root River Steelhead Facility processed fish for the first time this week, passing 57 chinook upstream.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Haula is probably going to see a lot of playing time so I don't doubt he will have some nice years, kind of like how Brodziak scored 20 playing as our first line center. I like Schroeder as first call up or emergency player but he just can't consistently bring it in the NHL, that is no crime because when he gets hot he is fun to watch but he just can't stay there. 
    • That's some good info, Thanks.
    •   I think they're shut down, too.  Smells like no money and more welfare...    
    •   Not sure if their still producing cardboard up at that plant anymore?
    • Now Haula and Tuch will have career seasons next year.  Haula is the odds on favorite to win the Ross trophy and Tuch should have a couple Norris' in the next 5 years.     Sounds like Wild might not bring Schroeder back either.  I really hope they are contenders for a strong center or a really nice goal scorer.  
    • Good point about the center support.  I wandered out to my ground blind on one of the last days of archery season to find the roof caved in and two poles busted. 
    • MMmmm Cloquet....   Smells like money.
    • I am a little concerned with it fading but it needs to be left up for the deer to get accustomed to it so no way around that.   I assume the sun is the main culprit in fading so I'll do my best to protect against that.  One spot I'm considering is tucked into some pines which create a lot of shade, brushing it in heavily should also help keep it out of direct sun as well.   Good point about a center support to help with the snow.  I'll make sure to add something.
    • interesting? oh its raining here too!!!!!!!!!!!
    • That's what this Cooper's Hawk was doing, right in the middle of the street. Has a nest in the top of the neighbors birch tree. Watched them all Spring with their young. Was pouring buckets here and this guy sat in the middle of the street for ten minutes flapping and spinning around. Think he was having a good time! First and third shots are while he was fanning wings. Camera didn't want to subject auto-focus  on full zoom with the amount of rain coming down, but figgered I wanted to get the pics. Hawk was half a block away
  • Our Sponsors