Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Adam NWI

Hydraulic Frames

59 minutes ago, Moon Lake Refuge said:

I've seen them switch three times now.  Its usually always some kind of reversible plank though that is beaded on one side and flat on the other.

The reversible plank is what they were carrying when I picked it up.  I've just been calling it carsiding because it's what most people are more familiar with. 

I have that all stained and polyurethaned on the smooth side.  To me the bead side looks kind of dated.

Since it's been pretty slow on here and I haven't posted an update in a while so I thought I'd give you guys an update on my build.  I've had a couple trips out on the ice with pretty much just the shell done.  Now I'm working on getting it ready for camping trips this summer with my wife and daughters.IMG_2007.thumb.JPG.d41d490124d5313438097a08a8382123.JPGIMG_2006.thumb.JPG.741fcc34fe5efc25dfefa52118874f1a.JPG

I was on the fence about adding a livewell or a 4th drawer and ended up going with a livewell.  I don't know how much I'll actually use it, but I'm hoping it'll keep the girls' attention long enough to let me fish a little.  It's made of 1/4" plexiglass and aquarium glue.  I tested it out on my patio before putting it in to test for leaks.  After it passed the test I siliconed all the joints just to make sure.  It's got a water pump to pump fresh water in from the lake on a timer and a drain to dump it back after the water level gets so high.  Probably too small for walleyes, but I think it will work well on our South Dakota perch trips.IMG_1974.thumb.JPG.8a9957adb25e0bf141295aa86a028a5f.JPG

The main things I have left are the dinette table and top bunks and cabinets.  The dinette table is more of a struggle than I thought it would be because I used flush mount Springfield taper lock bases to mount the poles.  I thought I could just buy a couple of the bottom bushings and use steel tubing from work for the legs.  Turns out I can't find the taper lock bushings anywhere.  West Marine has them on their page, but they cancelled my order saying they are unavailable.  Unless someone has another idea, I'm going to have to pull out the springfield bases and use the ones that fishhousesupply.com sells. 

Any recommendations would be appreciated on the table or anything else you see!

Looks great! I've been procrastinating on a few things I'd like to do to ours before summer. I did something similar for a  livewell and I'm glad I did. It was a  hit with the kids. 

...on the table bases. I'm considering skipping the bases all together and making a table that folds. Haven't drawn it out yet but I'm picturing something like a glorified TV tray. Just a thought....

Thanks for the reply Papa Bear.  I was beginning to think this site was deserted for the Summer!

That's something I hadn't thought of.  Not using the bases would make it a lot easier to move out of the way when I need to use the ramp door.  I could just make 4 telescoping legs that can change from table to bed height, or fold up to move it out of the way. 

If I go that route though, I'll need to figure a way to patch the holes in my floor where I have the flush mounts now.

Those pedestal bases are the most glorious pain in the __________ I've ever seen.  Menards has some folding table legs that work really well.  I'm not seeing them on their page, but Amazon shows Waddell FTL100 Folding Banquet Table Legs that look identical.  The nice thing about this setup is that one person can pretty easily handle the table/bed setup on their own.