Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Uncle Bill

The debate

180 posts in this topic

Well...

The beast didn't suffer lazy eye, no coughing jag, no seizure, no chicken wobble.

I guess that constitutes a win for the libs ??

Hahahaha..:D

Although, I think the beast used all her ammunition.

Whereas, with two debates to go, the donald still has a lot of ammo....

Including a few grenades....;)

6 minutes ago, Uncle Bill said:

Well...

The beast didn't suffer lazy eye, no coughing jag, no seizure, no chicken wobble.

I guess that constitutes a win for the libs ??

Hahahaha..:D

Although, I think the beast used all her ammunition.

Whereas, with two debates to go, the donald still has a lot of ammo....

Including a few grenades....;)

So I gather by your lack of gloating that lije the rest of the country you think he lost the debate? 

I wasn't interested enough to watch it from gavel to gavel but from what I saw he just got his butt handed to him by the mist vulnerable Democratic candidate in many decades. 

I have my doubts that Trump managed to sway any on the fence voters last night, although I'm sure his "temperament" pleased the already fully entrenched.

Hilldo did exactly as expected, offered a bunch of presidential feel good nonsense and discussed some actual policy.  Trump blathered on about Hillary and Obama, often just interjecting topics that weren't even relevent. 

Pretty clear who the winner was unless your asking the professional wrestling audience or jerry springer fans.

The polls are deceiving.

The cattle, if they actually vote, are not the pollster types. Upper white collar, college stus and politely active are.

Like my mother and family down in Florida. 

Not online pollsters, not on a call list, don't answer phone after 7 because there is work tomorrow.

My mother never votes.

Good person but that old school soft racism which is never in play except the last year with all the tension going on.

Hates Obama and sees Hillary as an extension of him.

Point is, there is a possiblity, what I see on personal media, a lot who wouldn't vote, don't take polls, don't participate politically, have a strong side for Trump. 

50/50 at best if they'll vote though.

To be fair, I see the Bern crowd, huffing and puffing but more to the effect of what a joke trump is and seems a Democrat vote.

56 minutes ago, PurpleFloyd said:

The whole country lost last night

Exactly!

I love how people claim a candidate they have been backing won. As if there is any objective value in their opinion.

Like I said before, the bar for POTUS is so low right now the best argument either side has is "your candidate is worse"

Big Dave2 likes this

51 minutes ago, JigSawJimmy said:

To be fair, I see the Bern crowd, huffing and puffing but more to the effect of what a joke trump is and seems a Democrat vote.

A lot of the people that I know who were Bernie supporters seem to be leaning 3rd party at the moment.  They were supporting Bernie because they were fed up with the crapola we are normally fed and they saw it as a vote against the system.  Now that he's out of the race and we are stuck with these 2 candidates they are still on the "buck the system" trend and are leaning toward a 3rd party candidate of some sort.  We'll see how they actually vote when the time comes as the lure to vote against Trump will probably be strong with them so they may still vote Hillary despite their own objections.

Personally the debate didn't change my opinion and I don't anticipate anything that will change my mind before the election.  I'm still planning to vote for Doogie Howser, M.D.  

jbell1981 likes this

46 minutes ago, rundrave said:

I love how people claim a candidate they have been backing won. As if there is any objective value in their opinion.

They have to tell themselves something because admitting that their party and these candidates are trash is too hard for some. It's almost religious the amount of devotion some people have to these parties.

16 minutes ago, Bear55 said:

They have to tell themselves something because admitting that their party and these candidates are trash is too hard for some. It's almost religious the amount of devotion some people have to these parties.

Irrational Escalation of Commitment is certainly present - from both sides - in a major way this election cycle. I think it's odd that so many people on both Team Blue and Team Red are unwilling to admit that their party's candidate is a turd with enormous flaws that ought to disqualify them from serious consideration for office.

PurpleFloyd likes this

7 hours ago, thatoneguy said:

Irrational Escalation of Commitment is certainly present - from both sides - in a major way this election cycle. I think it's odd that so many people on both Team Blue and Team Red are unwilling to admit that their party's candidate is a turd with enormous flaws that ought to disqualify them from serious consideration for office.

Both have serious issues, but with regards to last night's debate only one candidate was an utter disaster. By the end Trump could barely utter coherent sentences. It seemed he would just meander his way through words until somehow he arrived at one of the handful of talking points he wanted to get across.

Trump admitted to not paying any taxes: "That's just being smart" - "They would have been squandered if I did pay them"

Trump tried to explain how he would resolve racial tensions by using "stop and frisk" (a policy that discriminates against blacks and was ruled unconstitution) and also somehow thought talking about how letting blacks into his $100,000 initial membership fee golf club was a good analogy for how he would help inner city blacks.

Trump passed off a $14 million loan as "a small amount" like anybody can come up with that.

Trump said of entering the mortgage business before the housing collapse "That's just good business". Trump Mortgage LLC went bankrupt in 2007, before the housing collapse.

Trump suggested that China should "take care of North Korea" - which does not sit well with the 2nd most powerful country on the planet.

There was this frightening exchange:

Clinton: He said, "you know if they taunted our sailors I would blow them out of the water and start another war."

Trump: That would not start a war.

Clinton: That is not the judgment. That is not the right temperament to be commander-in-chief to be taunted and the worst part

Trump: They were taunting us.

Trump questioned Clinton's health/stamina, even though he had the sniffles, consumed a great deal of water, and was leaning against the podium to remain upright (Clinton never coughed, leaned on the podium, or drank any water for the entire duration).

Trump somehow thought wrapping up the debate with an attack on Rosie O'Donnell was in some way relevant to anything mentioned in the debate.

11 minutes ago, Nick Kuhn said:

Trump tried to explain how he would resolve racial tensions by using "stop and frisk" (a policy that discriminates against blacks and was ruled unconstitution) and also somehow thought talking about how letting blacks into his $100,000 initial membership fee golf club was a good analogy for how he would help inner city blacks.

That's 5 star feed for the angry, battered, fed up cattle who lean con.

13 minutes ago, Nick Kuhn said:

Trump admitted to not paying any taxes: "That's just being smart" - "They would have been squandered if I did pay them"

It is. I wish I had a loop hole.

14 minutes ago, Nick Kuhn said:

Trump said of entering the mortgage business before the housing collapse "That's just good business". Trump Mortgage LLC went bankrupt in 2007, before the housing collapse.

It is. If I had serious capitol at that point, I would of bought, bought, bought.

15 minutes ago, Nick Kuhn said:

Trump questioned Clinton's health/stamina, even though he had the sniffles, consumed a great deal of water, and was leaning against the podium to remain upright (Clinton never coughed, leaned on the podium, or drank any water for the entire duration).

He is 70 and been on the road for quite some time. I give it to him. Not bad for an old timer.

Maybe Clinton is antibodied, steroided out.

Pretty sure they gave her what ever she need to to get her through that debate and debunk and quell any idea of health concerns..if there happened to be a health concern. Which I have no idea obviously.

You mean all the things that Trump failed to bring up? He spent a lot of time interrupting and not giving any specifics about his supposed plans so he may as well have been bringing up these topics. 

Hillary whiffed it too by failing to bring up the wall and who is going to pay for it. 

These 2 are such morons they can't even slander each other very well.

My takeaways:

1. Hillary Clinton is a terrible speaker. She not only makes me want to fall asleep when she talks but she also makes me want to vomit.

2. Hillary has very little of substance to say anyway.

3. The amount of lies, half-truths and deflecting coming out of both candidates mouths also makes me want to hurl.

4. Trump looked like a fool on the "looks vs. stamina" question, the "stop and frisk" discussion, and his description of the "birther" issue, 

5. Hillary looked like a fool on the "trade" issue.

6. Both candidates are just saying what they think people want to hear.

7. Trump actually did much better than I expected but still came across as a lying, bumbling fool.

8. Neither candidate looks even remotely close to being "presidential".

Edited by Big Dave2
LindellProStaf and ozzie like this

2 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

8. Neither candidate looks even remotely close to being "presidential".

Mike

1 hour ago, Big Dave2 said:

Neither candidate looks even remotely close to "presidential".

One looks like an old pro with a lying politician type of smarm, which might as well be what "presidential" looks like, even with a red pantsuit on.

The other thinks he's on a TV show.

8 hours ago, bobbymalone said:

One looks like an old pro with a lying politician type of smarm, which might as well be what "presidential" looks like, even with a red pantsuit on.

The other thinks he's on a TV show.

Well, he was close on that one, because it certainly wasn't a debate.

More like two snake oil salesmen, peddling their own brand of "medicine"....

Although I do think Trump made a valid point in regards to the one-sided trade agreements our politicians have entered us into.

But I don't agree that it is entirely the fault of the Democrats though.