Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

How to create an @mention - Click Here   07/16/2015

You can use the @mention aspect whenever you want someone to be notified about a post or let them know you are talking about them. Type the @ symbol type in a couple "lowercase" letters pause then once the names pop-up either select or keep typing in letters to narrow down the list until you get the @mention name you are looking for. You can play a game so members can see how it works. If you want to practice or If your name has been @mentioned below you should see it in your notifications (upper right) and you then have to @mention one or two members who haven't been mentioned inthe comments section below. Let's see how long we can keep this going. Anyone who duplicates a name that has already been @mentioned loses. This is the first group to be @mentioned to get the ball rolling: @Borch @Scott K @Corey Bechtold @Matt Johnson @mrklean @eyeguy 54 @Finns @IceHawk @MarkB @Cliff Wagenbach @Wayne Ek
MJBaldwin

Tree Swing

All, I am trying to make a swing for my son. Although it works it's just not 100% for my likeing. I only have an angled branch to work with. I have attached a picture of what I have and hope you guys can help me. I tried a piece of wood up too and just didn't seem to do anything. Was going to try maybe eye bolts so the eyes are both at the same elevation?

thoughts?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

17 minutes ago, MJBaldwin said:

Although it works it's just not 100% for my likeing.

If budget is a bit of an issue. Then the "Although it works" part may be all you can do with any uneven branch. If not build a support frame out of a few 4 x 4's and swing away.

Leech, we just like the look of it in the tree. I was thinking of maybe an eye bolt on the lower side then some threaded rod to the higher side to get it down more even? 

Well first lets get these straight. 

You could try the single rope swing and then may not have an issue with the two uneven ropes swinging at different angles. ;)

image.thumb.jpeg.2007fad942200a61d8c9cf4c98a303ae.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.9a268e77ee3edbd3785db0d1e93ffecd.jpeg

index.jpg

index.jpg

Edited by leech~~

Use a couple ratchet straps. You will also find the ropes will stretch a bit and possibly unevenly so they will allow independent adjustment. I did this just last week for a customer that had me build a horse swing with a real saddle for her daughter. Also chain would allow you to change links for adjustment but you would need a different seat or to use u bolts on that one.

14238370_10206642367169888_2353430284301234764_n.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Someone is telling me Nils is out of auger business.  True?
    • No problem, if your looking for something pre-made just google 'speaker spacer rings'.  There are a million options for different sized speakers all pretty cheap.
    • Thank you, that helps a lot.
    • Anyone here know anything about this round?  My father-in-laws's uncle used to have a lever action rifle that shot .35 Whelen. I just did a search to try and learn more about the round and see what the gun may have been but it appears that lever action guns were never really available in .35 Whelen and it was most likely a .30-.06 that was altered.  If that is true it sure makes me want to learn more about that gun.  Does anyone here have any knowledge of .35 Whelen?  I'm thinking of getting a lever action soon and because of price and availability of ammo was only considering a .30-.30 but now am looking harder at a .35 Remington. 
    • Loaded weight 3450 lbs i think it was 450 on the tongue.
    • id rather fall through the ice and listen to tom yammer on and and on in his defensive videos.  i've got extensive hours with the proview.  no thanks.  tying cone angle to the sensitivity knob is one fo the dumbest designs i've seen.  it has application sure, but its limited
    • Well they won the 2 out of 3...keep it rolling boys
    • Do you know what model that would be? I suppose it's possible but it's just not reality. The large majority of criminals identify as Christians and that's a fact.
    • Brings back memories and reminds me of something I had totally forgotten!!   Decades ago was at a wilderness cabin with a couple guys and on of them had this carbine. I shot it a few times (open sights) and took it out for a walk next morning. Shot two deer at around 50 yards and they both dropped dead.  Am surprised the item you have in photo has a recoil pad since I do not recall any recoil at all. Always thought it was a handy little piece but never used it again and had no inclination to buy one. Do have a 10-22 of course
      (doesn't every home have one:) and other items. Many don't know Ruger makes their BIG rifle in .22 caliber with a laminated stock. Had one with nice Zeiss glass and it was a tack driver.  Don't recall what I did with it. Okay, back to standby.
    • Lots of different opinions on this topic apparently.  I've done about ever single one listed so far and the best way I've found is to lower the ice shack all the way, pop the tops on your catch covers and start drilling holes (try and be as close to the center as possible, no big deal if you're a little off).  Don't clear any of the slush just yet but place the hole sleeves down your holes.  With all the slush still there you may have to step on them to cut through the slush but it makes a really good seal.  Then I sweep what shavings have come up to the house (if any) back down the holes.  Get yourself a slush copter http://www.slushcopter.com/ and start clearing your holes.  I spent the $60+ on a slush bucket and totally regret it after spending my first season hauling slush all season.  The slush copter takes 10 seconds to clear a hole filled with slush and you don't have to lift anything or scoop your holes afterwards.  By far one of the best investments I've made for my ice shack.  Never blocked my shack either but not a bad idea to at least have a spud bar with to break yourself free if you do freeze down.    For some rookie advice:  Get yourself a slush copter and a set of IC Nuts https://winchdrivertools.com/.  Your back will thank you.  Also, if you have a Honda Generator it is mandatory that you get CLICK HERE to change your oil.  It makes empting your oil so much quicker and cleaner.  Other nice add-ons for a Honda generator is the extended-run fuel tank or an hour meter to keep track of hours (for oil changes).    Congrats on the new toy.  Tight lines!   
  • Our Sponsors