Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
perchking

Fall skid house build, all aluminum. Need input on runners

I would definitely put a vent in your box to outside... It wont be as warm as your shack but still warmer than outside.  The risk is two fold in poisoning and explosions... Just out of curiosity, what is the risk to a propane tank outside of a portable?

thanks moon, mine will be secured to the back side of my shelf than attached  to each vertical support stud until it terminates in the strongbox in the back right.

One thing I would definitely recommend is to use your own tank and have it refilled vs trading it out for already filled tanks.  I have seen multiple traded tanks that leak... You just never know how others are treating those tanks in an exchange program.

Moon thanks for the recommendation.  Plus, I will be adding a grommet where the hose goes into the strong box.  Knowing LP is heavier than Air we did cut holes in the bottom of the box and will plunge cut though the floors and ensure they are free of debris like snow and ice so if there is a leak it sinks down under the house and vanish into thin air:).

Just a thought, you could also stick an LP detector inside the box where your tank will be.  Can pick a battery powered combo LP/CO detector for $30-$50 and stick it in the bottom of the box.  That sucker starts ringing and you know you've got issues. 

I'd vent the door instead of bottom.  You don't have a lot clearance off the ice plus add snow.    The bottom vents will easily plug with snow and slush.  Also where is the propane going to go when its vented under you ice house?

So... its been a while since I have been on. For some reason my account got tagged and the admin can seem to get it back on line so I had to start a new account. The nice part is that I can post again... the back part is that all my old posts have been removed (grrr)

Anyway.... I have been wanting to post on this one for the last two weeks. Propane tanks in anything but a portable is a bad idea! Keep in mind that propane expands when it gets warmer. Propane tanks have a pressure blow off valve. How do I know? We were fishing a number of years back and were going to come back the next day. We decided to leave the stove on low because the tank was very close to being empty. Instead of taking the full tank home with us we decided to leave it in the house.  We came back the next morning, opened the door and whooooaaaa! instant propane smell. Luckily the tank running the stove went empty otherwise I am afraid we would have had a good boom.

Took everyone’s advice and stopped being stubborn, the tank is now housed on the exterior and the furnace and thermostat is hooked up and running fine. Only item left is rattle reel selection, my chair, and bench seat. 

E869966F-F467-4566-99B9-F438B9983559.jpeg

95FA5E17-696F-438F-801B-4B9A1CC4375B.jpeg

Any concern not having any support under the tank?  Regarding rattle reels, I bought the lindel brand, but would prob go with the catch cover brands if I did it again

34 minutes ago, rl_sd said:

Any concern not having any support under the tank?  Regarding rattle reels, I bought the lindel brand, but would prob go with the catch cover brands if I did it again

what is the issue with the lindell brand???  never used but just wondering!!!

No issues, but they take up quite a bit more room and aren’t as loud as I would like. 

1 hour ago, perchking said:

There is a support, it’s actually extremely sturdy I just don’t have the strap tightened. 

36266531-F168-4F64-9342-6BADD7F0B355.png

Looks good, couldn’t see the back strap. That’s a nice design

I have Lindells, Ultimates, and Catch Cover rattle reels and would rank them in that order. The Ultimates work fine but the Lindells are just as good for less money. Not a deal breaker but I actually prefer the bigger spool when bringing lines in to move etc.  

6 hours ago, Surface Tension said:

perchking, I see a problem with your last pictures.

The shack isn't on the ice yet. :)

Agreed!  Tell mother nature to drop the temps a little!