• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Light on the Ice

Luttes

6 minutes ago, borg0196 said:

I use the light strip, really good deal here. It hooks right up to battery, just zip tie or Velcro strap it to your poles.

http://www.hawgoutdoor.com/product-page/6bce8884-d7e4-9930-1aa9-6f78e8dabaef

That would have been a good option! I like that it has a solid enclosure and isn't just a strip of LEDs.  Maybe i'll consider that for my next one ;-)

I just changed from a Clam Denali to a hub.  Lighting is very important, so I started scheming.  (Half the fun of ice fishing!) came up with a post light, kind of like a landscape light, of course this is just intended to be used inside the hub.  We like to fish with minimal light meaning "light where it is needed" so...using the anchor drill, very easy to post a light where ever you want it.  Built a central power hub for lights and a fan, plus a cigarette lighter port for charging phones, etc. 

IMG_5302.JPG

IMG_5303.JPG

On 12/28/2016 at 0:41 PM, Rick said:

A lot of nice options here. Any new ideas?

If you go to Costco, they have a pack of 6 of these led lights, with batteries and a remote, and some velcro tape for around 15 bucks.

1483329400419-1694873440.jpg

1483329492023255433002.jpg

That is a cd for scale in second picture.   Remote allows adjustable brightness. 

Edited by delcecchi

Got an RV light, replaced insides with 5050 Brite White LED. 9 strips at 6 lights each. Produces 1136 Lumens, equivalent to 75 Watt Incandescent. Draws about 10 watts so it runs 6 to 7 hours on my 5ah Lead Acid (AKA Vex) battery. Built a multi-function holder to ride on the front of my Smitty Sled shining light when walking out. Shove the light between roof and support rod, toss battery in Screen shelve for inside Hub lighting. Holder also holds my ShowDown Troller or 10" tablet I use with Boating App and Vex FishPhone. Holder held down with 7# bean bag (or should I say sinker bag) and non skid base.

Ice Light.jpg

Multi Holder.jpg

9 hours ago, ZachD said:

Streamlight lantern when you take the lens off and hang it upside down it works awesome and it last forever

Streamlight%20Siege%20LED%20Lantern_5.jpg

siege_hanging.jpg

Looks sort of heavy... What kind of batteries does it run off of?

12 hours ago, ZachD said:

You will even it out once you drink a 16oz beer :2c: 

I never thought to myself that man this slight is heavy

I guess I always looked at it as a quality light

I was just thinking the weight hanging from the top of the hub might collapse the roof??

12 hours ago, JigSawJimmy said:

Dang! 1900 lumens and an 8800mah rechargeable battery!?! that sounds pretty sweet!

I just posted under the led light strip topic about where I get lights from. But for a hub style house you could always pickup a led type light used for mounting on a vehicle. Attach some longer wires to a switch and the battery, put a clamp on the light and it could pack away nicely while moving.  

I broke to many lanterns dragging across the lake that this is my system now and couldn't be happier

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 0:02 PM, Luttes said:

I was just thinking the weight hanging from the top of the hub might collapse the roof??

No way at least not with mine I run the clam JM 5000 Hang it from the roof all the time along with my jacket I stick in between the poles. Im pretty sure you could hang 10 of these lights up and it wouldn't collapse it.

I have hung a propane lantern with a 1lb tank from my hub with out even thinking it would collapse it. 

On 1/10/2017 at 7:43 PM, JigSawJimmy said:

A very similar thing, probably from same chinese factory :D, under "snap on" brand at Costco for 29.95, if you have access to a costco, or costco.com

https://www.costco.com/Snap-On-LED-Worklight%2C-2000-Lumens%2C-5000-Kelvin.product.100153190.html?catalogId=10701&langId=-1&storeId=10301&krypto=15pcxnb0rbPm75UpKmXXWulFbbkAJbR3DV%2BZVZaYxseYcCRU5n0NPOpHrc02DHTPsrftWyZzwBEY KWII6PzlwT7T9PAxEVDptfHjMQdWgMk%3D

I bought one and it is pretty bright.  Maybe too bright, unless you are doing some painting inside the HSOList.

light.jpg

Edited by delcecchi

7 hours ago, delcecchi said:

A very similar thing, probably from same chinese factory :D, under "snap on" brand at Costco for 29.95, if you have access to a costco, or costco.com

Good price.  You just need a $1000 generator to run it - or a good current bush...

On 1/19/2017 at 4:47 PM, swamptiger said:

Good price.  You just need a $1000 generator to run it - or a good current bush...

Nope, The one I was thinking of was rechargeable.   I  posted the wrong item, however.  My bad. 

The one I was thinking of was by "CAT" and cost 29.95 also but must have been seasonal since it is no longer on the site. 

You could probably run the snap on one from an inverter.  

I apologize for the confusion caused by my posting the wrong product.   Keep an eye out next year, if you are near a Costco.  

Looks a lot like this one from Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/CAT-324122-Rechargeable-Work-Light/dp/B01LYF4OUT/ref=pd_sim_60_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01LYF4OUT&pd_rd_r=000TV00PGJD4J5874JN0&pd_rd_w=cm7ux&pd_rd_wg=WxVO9&psc=1&refRID=000TV00PGJD4J5874JN0

cat.jpg

http://www.costcoweekender.com/2016/02/cat-rechargeable-led-work-light-costco-962841.html

Edited by delcecchi

11 hours ago, delcecchi said:

The one I was thinking of was by "CAT" and cost 29.95 also but must have been seasonal since it is no longer on the site. 

Home Depot has a similar rechargeable light, but it's only 250 lumens, and the cost is about $50.  

Here's another one on Amazon for $25.  Says it's 15 watts..

https://www.amazon.com/Spotlights-Outdoor-Camping-Rechargeable-Batteries/dp/B015E6M23C/ref=pd_sim_60_5?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B015E6M23C&pd_rd_r=S3K8H6XKWBNJV1TX1BKY&pd_rd_w=TCBxi&pd_rd_wg=ThAR4&psc=1&refRID=S3K8H6XKWBNJV1TX1BKY

I also looked for a cordless work light that could be used with a rechargeable battery for a cordless drill, since I'm going with the cordless drill auger system, but the only one I could find that looks like it would be suitable for this use is made by Milwaukee, and it's for a 12v drill, which isn't powerful enough to drive an auger.  Spendy too - about $85.