Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Boar

Boar SCORES!!

32 posts in this topic

lastnight was the night. after some consult with archerysniper and iceholejohn, awsome freinds to take the time and let me brain storm, im kinda like that, i know what to do, but talking it out helps me avoid making costley mistakes. 

more to come, stay tuned!

ANYFISH2 likes this

congrats buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D;) glad ya scored...................NOW don't be wasting those backstraps!!!!!!!!!!!:grin:

Sooooo after finding the trail cam said I should have sat monday evening,when i check it on tuesday afternoon, and being total jacked up, the little consults I had with freinds, calmed my adrenaline and I decide to wait till wenday to hunt cause i could not get to stand tuesday till about 6-630. SiO I had a long sleepless night and slow draging day at work. But 5 oclock came and off to the woods i went.

I decide to play it cool, I knew there was lots of bait in the barrel, so i just snuck in, retreived the trail cam, Took a page from icehole john and spryaed some liquid smoke all around, I dont usually do that but for instances like this,i wanted him to come in earlier than the 740 range he currentl held. I got siuated into stand, viewd the pics from tuesday and thankfully I made the right choice in backing off on tuesday, cause he came in at 430, then 730 abouts. to small of a window to thread the needle, could have easily bumped him sneaking to stand........

monstermoose78 and ANYFISH2 like this

so I climbed  into stand, and making more noise than I wanted to of course, like a boar in a china shop no less. I got settled in. I culd catch a whiff of liqud smoke from time to time. it was working its magic the wind was perfect, coming outa the south and blowing directly to the direct he was coming from. I set the go pro to record, and waited. sent  off a few pics to arch and scoot, who told me to quit f-n  around and kill it, while arch decide to keep me distracted fro the task at hand, which i caught onto right away.LOL! 

then It happend, here he comes! Thump thump thump my heart was racing, he stoped be hind some thick brush allowing me to stand, he took a few more step clear, broadside, I was about to draw but he turned and looked my way, He then turned and headed to the barrel, which allowed me to draw, he sat downkinda half way, reached for the barrel,THUP, TWACK!  

20160914_195835.jpg

20160915_094405.jpg

;) beauty of a critter..................hunters pretty ugly like scoot said!!!!!!!!!!:grin: congrats again bud!!!!!!!!!!

Boar likes this

bOY WAS THE HEART IN OVER DRIVE!! I knew I couldnt go after him right away, so i made a few texts and got down and quietly left the area, for reinforcements. i picked up a freind in town, gatherd a few things, and headed back. About and half later from an easy tracking job from a Rage 2 blade chisle tip, we found him piled up about fifty yards from stand. OH MAN!! i WAS JACKED FREEKING UP. iVE SHOT ALOT OF BEARS, but this one is pretty special. Turns out its not a he but she! and she tipped the scales at a solid dressed weight of 300 pounds! big sow. In special I mean she is my second Bow Kill. I cut my teeth on my first bear 15 years ago with a Bow. I havent killed anything since till last night. Only 2 bow kills to my belt and both were Bear!  What awsome start to the season!!

Edited by Boar

Super happy for you, Boar!  A fine trophy and done with stick and string-- great work!!!  

Boar likes this

That's great.  Looking forward to the pictures of roast bear, stewed bear, bear bacon, bear sausage, bear cutlets, chicken fried bear,....

Boar likes this

1 hour ago, Boar said:

Thanks guys! I really appreciate it. Thank you!

Ah you stink. Got lucky! Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile!:grin: 

There now I feel better!:P:grin:

Boar likes this

so, oh great white bear hunter boar you, whats the plan for the hide????????