Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Todd_B

Star Lake, Ottertail county

4 posts in this topic

Heading to Star in a couple days to stay at my uncles cabin.  How has the bite been?  Would like to get on some walleyes.  Any advice would be great!  Thanks.

You might also consider posting in the forums on fishingminnesota.com.  links are down below.  Or go directly

A buddy and I were in a fishing club in Ottertail Co.  We fished Star twice a year.  We usually fished along that road on the south east side.  We used the biggest leeches we could find.  Fishing was real slow.  I had sardines in Lousiana Hot Sauce for snacks.  After I was done eating them I dunked my leech in the oily hot sauce.  The leech wiggled like heck and when I dropped him in the lake it left an oil slick..  I immediately started catching fish.  My buddy who wasn't catching anything except an occasional small northern finally got mad and dipped his leech in my hot sauce and he started catching walleyes too.  Well we won biggest total catch of the night.  We did it on the second outing to Star that year and won biggest total catch that night too.  Noone believed it was from the Hot Sauce.  lol  We fished from 6 pm till 9 pm..

If you fish with rigs and live bait you will catch walters and gills. The gills will be about as heavy as the walters-that should tell you about the size of those 2 species in that lake.------------good luck