Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

rascal23

Seth Feider second at LaCrosse

23 posts in this topic

Seth has definitely improved his chances of fishing ML next week.  Don't want to jinx him, though.  He's having a great tournament in LaCrosse this weekend catching some clutch bags.  Nice to see a hometown boy do good.   Way to go!!

Fun watching him on Live. He needs to get top 4 to get into the AOY on Mille Lacs. I think he's more concerned about winning this tourney. I think $100k sounds better than making it to Mille Lacs haha

Well Seth pulls out a 2nd place finish and punched his ticket into the AOY on Mille Lacs. I just have a sick feeling in my stomach from what happened on the water yesterday. I didn't think anything of it at the time but the more I think about it the more it upsets me. Swindle gives Ott info on where some smallies when Ott has nothing in the box after fishing for 3 hours. Ott proceeds to catch 2 keepers from the spot swindle told him about. To me, at this level of competition you need to go out and find your own fish. Seth certainly did and because of what Swindle told Ott it probably cost him $100k and that coveted Blue trophy. Either way it was an amazing finish for Seth and can't wait to watch him on the water this week at Mille Lacs 

thatoneguy likes this

Agreed!  I thought guys couldn't share info, look at phones, etc.

Ott is a good fisherman, but getting info like that spoils the win.  

I posted the same thing in the Texas Fishing Forum and pretty much everyone that as replied has said they have no problem with it and think its a classy move. I guess we are a little biased here. 

That's kind of what I thought to. I know everyone on tour loves Ott but it could have cost the not so known guy a $100k

2 hours ago, bassfshin24 said:

Well Seth pulls out a 2nd place finish and punched his ticket into the AOY on Mille Lacs. I just have a sick feeling in my stomach from what happened on the water yesterday. I didn't think anything of it at the time but the more I think about it the more it upsets me. Swindle gives Ott info on where some smallies when Ott has nothing in the box after fishing for 3 hours. Ott proceeds to catch 2 keepers from the spot swindle told him about. To me, at this level of competition you need to go out and find your own fish. Seth certainly did and because of what Swindle told Ott it probably cost him $100k and that coveted Blue trophy. Either way it was an amazing finish for Seth and can't wait to watch him on the water this week at Mille Lacs 

I read that on the Bass page the other day too and immediately thought that it was bogus. It's one thing if Swindle was done at a spot and let Ott in on it but it's another thing for him to coach him on where to go and what to do. If you make it to the final day and are leading you should be able to scrape together the win on your own. I know Swindle only was trying to be helpful but seemed a bit excessive. I too thought that they were not allowed to get information from others on the water (or at all?). What is the rule on this?

It is perfectly legal for them to get info from other competitors in the tourney. I just think it's dumb!

Edited by bassfshin24
thatoneguy likes this

I just watched the video, that's lame.  I'm surprised he didn't personally bring him there and tie on the lure for him.  Anyone who thinks that's "classy" wouldn't think so if they were the guy who lost out on 100K because of the tip.  

Edited by Juan Grande

Man all these guys on the Texas forum are jumping all over my case for this haha. They seriously all say they have no problem with it and it was a classy move. And I do understand their side of it too. I wonder what would have happened if Feider had no fish and ran into Swindle. Do you think Swindle would have gave him info...I would think so. 

Yeah, but you're not legitimately winning a tournament if someone is telling you where to fish and what to use.  That should actually ban communication between anglers during the tourney, at least on the water.

Edited by Juan Grande

If Minnesota didn't have the stupid no cull rule, Swindle probably never would have given him the spot, but since he already had his 5 he couldn't fish it anymore. So I blame Minnesota for his loss!!! J/k but not really

Like I told a few guys yesterday...just watch the weigh-in; when Mercer asked Swindle to tell the story about how he helped Ott out, Swindle wanted no part of it. He looked like he wanted to crawl under a rock, and told Mercer he should tell the story. 

Yes, it is legal that they did that, but it shouldn't be IMO. It's an individual competition among the best sticks on the planet. The way the rules are now, there is nothing stopping people from basically colluding. If they want to compare notes between days, great. But not on the water in the middle of the day when there was so much at stake for several guys.

Juan Grande and RuddyDuck like this

I see both sides to it but in the long run I don't agree with what Swindle did.  If I was Ott I wouldn't expect any information and I wouldn't seek information. Just seems odd he goes out of his way to stop and chat.  I hope Seth kicks their tail this weekend!!!! 

Guess it is legal, but it seems to cheapen the win for Ott. It's not like he said, 'oh thanks for the info, I'm gonna try a few more spots and then maybe I will check it out'. He made a straight run for that spot. Yes, I guess he still has to catch em to win also.

Seems like if your from Mn, then you think it was a cheap win, if your from the southern states, then Swindle is a hero and Ott did a great job of winning!  Still a good 2nd place finish for Seth. 

Edited by RuddyDuck

Yeah I am still getting people ripping into me on the Texas Fishing forum. They are posting the emoji of a violin and saying oh sorry your guy lost. And saying I'm stirring the pot. I just don't understand how people don't see my side of things. I see both sides but come on. 

Those guys on TFF must have a man crush on Ott.    

I look at it this way.  Swindle wouldn't have given that info to a lesser known guy, he wouldn't have given it to a guy on day 1, 2 or 3 of the tourney regardless, we probably wouldn't have been so pissed if Seth would have finished 5th and I don't think Swindle would have given the info if he knew how tight the weigh in was going to be.

Swindle is a good guy and probably wishes he would have just let things play out without his involvement.

bassfshin24 likes this

33 minutes ago, bassfshin24 said:

Yeah I am still getting people ripping into me on the Texas Fishing forum. They are posting the emoji of a violin and saying oh sorry your guy lost. And saying I'm stirring the pot. I just don't understand how people don't see my side of things. I see both sides but come on. 

Just sick RumRiverRat on them Tony, he'll give them all they can handle ;)

thatoneguy likes this

I was a marshal down in lacrosse for the first three days, and I was surprised that they aren't that tight lipped.  They all share a lot of information with each other.  Even GPS coordinates for spots.  Sucks Seth lost, but I think Swindle would have done the same thing for Seth. 

Search Function likes this

16 hours ago, L.Bialka said:

I was a marshal down in lacrosse for the first three days, and I was surprised that they aren't that tight lipped.  They all share a lot of information with each other.  Even GPS coordinates for spots.  Sucks Seth lost, but I think Swindle would have done the same thing for Seth. 

Maybe he would have, but I still don't think it has any place during competition. Between days, sure. On the water during fishing hours, nope. It's not a team event. Figure it out on your own.

Juan Grande likes this