• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gopher football 2016

JBMasterAngler

Nice win to start the season. Not exactly their A game, but they did what they had to do, especially considering they had some absolutely horrible calls go against them. Should be able to work out the kinks against Indiana State. Sucks they have a bye week after that. GOPHER NATION DOMINATION!

Thier strong suit has been Thier secondary, however, the secondary looked weak.  Hopefully they fix some stuff.  We need our defense to be solid.

Mr. Leidner didn't look very sharp, except his legs.  His arm needs to work like late last year for this offense to click.

new O- coordinator didn't seem to change anything.

I am hoping for a 9 win season with our schedule, but that may be optimistic.

I thought they had a sloppy start. Too many dropped passes and stupid penalties. Not something they'll get away with in conference play. Putting up points was exactly what they need to do in games like this though. Not a good time for a bye week, as I think real game time is the best way to tighten up their play. Colorado state should be a tough game.

Now that was how you need to beat a team like Illinois! Now that Nebraska has finally lost, the rest of their season has disaster written all over it! Big ten title game, perhaps? Unfortunately, the upcoming Purdue game scares me more than Nebraska or Wisconsin.

That was the kind of game that makes you physically sick to your stomach! I haven't seen the gophers go from hot to cold like that since Glen Mason was the coach! Thank goodness this Leidner's last year! They should still get into a pretty good bowl game. Most reports I've heard have been saying the holiday bowl.

Edited by JBMasterAngler

16 hours ago, JBMasterAngler said:

That was the kind of game that makes you physically sick to your stomach! I haven't seen the gophers go from hot to cold like that since Glen Mason was the coach! Thank goodness this Leidner's last year! They should still get into a pretty good bowl game. Most reports I've heard have been saying the holiday bowl.

Why on earth would Gopher football effect you that way? Did you really expect a different outcome than the one you got? I was surprised they didn't get beat by more than 30 points. You do realize the Gophers played almost no quality opponents this year, right? 

Edited by Big Dave2

I don't even understand how they got that game. 

Effective with the 2014 game, the Big Ten signed a six-year contract to return after a 20-year absence to the Holiday Bowl, regaining the slot they held from 1991–1994. With this agreement, the Holiday Bowl now features the #3 Pac-12 team and the #4 Big Ten team.

Aren't the Gophers like the #7 or 8 Big Ten team?