• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Diy remote for lucky duck

I saw some videos online of people just buying 6v remotes off hsolist for their mojos for $15...So I bought one for my lucky duck, but it has 4 wires 2 red and 2 black. All the youtube videos I'm seeing for the lucky duck DIY have a red,black and 2 yellows wires. Do I need to order the different remote or do I just need to wire this one differently...I guess I figured if it worked on the mojos it would work on Lucky ducks...Thanks for any help....

If I had to guess, the factory receiver has a diode, hence the 3 different colors. A diode basically is like a stop sign and only allows one polarity (positive or negative, depending on what kind of diode it is) to flow through. Let's say it's a positive diode. Black is always your ground, your reciever will run off negative polarity (red), and your motor will run off positive polarity (yellow). Again, I have a pretty elementary understanding of electrical and that's just a guess, but maybe someone on here with more electrical knowledge than I have can answer that more definitively 

Edited by fishuhalik

two wires are for the relay coil, and two wires are for the relay contact.  What model relay did you buy?  I could probably find the wiring diagram for you.  If there is a 5th wire it's an antenna wire for the transmitter.

I'm on my third brand of "hsolist" relays for in my mojos, finally found a brand that works below 45 degrees and farther than 10 feet away.  Say what you want about the cost of factory remotes, but I have 4 mojos with factory remotes and they outperform the 4 hsolist relays I have installed in my other 4 spinners in regards to distance.  I do finally have all the 3rd party remote relays programmed to the same transmitter now, so only need to hang 2 transmitters off my lanyard, or 3 if I have the rotary machines up as well.

Edited by carpshooterdeluxe