• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Contact lenses while going for camping

lovycrop

Is there anybody here who loves camping? I am crazy about camping, and would manage to find time for it on every vacation. But, I cannot enjoy the scenery to the maximum because I'm suffering from myopia. I am lazy to carry glasses to the camping site. I have bought a new pair of contact lenses from an eye clinic in Edmonton. Is it safe to use contact lens during camping? Do you people carry glasses while going on camping? Is it safe to wear lenses for the whole day? Please give some genuine reply.

I wear soft contact lenses most of the time.  I have worn them camping in Quetico park and the Boundary Waters canoe area.   They work fine.  Just be careful to wash your hands before handling them, bring a spare pair or two, and also backup glasses.

I wear mine like 12 hours or a little more.  They are the daily wear, replace monthly type (acuvue).   There are also disposable lenses you throw away each day, and ones you can wear for weeks before taking them out and replacing them. 

I have been satisfied with my daily wear lenses while camping.  

You might want to have something over your eyes like sunglasses or safety glasses while walking in the woods or chopping or something where you could get hit in the eye. 

14 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

LOL, Del gets suckered by all the spam posts just like he is getting suckered by Trump. :D

Original post was not spam.  You do know what spam is, right (besides mystery meat in a can)?  

I take posts, even from newbies, at face value.   Now, what is the point of your post? 

2 hours ago, delcecchi said:

Original post was not spam.  You do know what spam is, right (besides mystery meat in a can)?  

The original post was the definition of spam. Do you know what spam is?

Forum spam consists of posts on Internet forums that contains related or unrelated advertisements, links to malicious websites, trolling and abusive or otherwise unwanted information.

That post was submitted as an attempt to gain a "link" from this site to some eye clinic page. The purpose is to gain links for page search engine optimization. I'll be happy to fill you in on it if you want to know more.

I ignore the links unless relevant.  The post certainly was relevant.  So far as I know the link wasn't to a malicious page, trolling, or abusive, or unwanted.  

Paranoia runs deep.  Into your mind it will creep.  

And you go posting almost two months after the fact.  

All you need is a meme in your post and you would be doing your thing.  

On 10/31/2016 at 5:57 PM, delcecchi said:

I ignore the links unless relevant.  The post certainly was relevant.  So far as I know the link wasn't to a malicious page, trolling, or abusive, or unwanted.  

Paranoia runs deep.  Into your mind it will creep.  

And you go posting almost two months after the fact.  

All you need is a meme in your post and you would be doing your thing.  

You obviously know nothing about internet marketing. 

25 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

So, what is the marketing hook to this thread?   Getting clicks for some place in Edmonton?   Then it was a poor job. 

No not clicks.

Search engines like google try to determine how much authority your site has on a subject. Lots of links pointing from other sites with related keywords tells google that those other sites are linking your site because it has authority. The more of those good links you have the better your site will rank. 

It is considered a "black hat" SEO tactic that could get your site penalized and de-ranked if Google catches on to what you are doing. The problem is it is probably not the site owner who is doing it. Did you notice the broken english? A lot of page owners don't know how to do the work of search engine optimization so they hire that out. The cheapest way to hire it out is off shore, usually someone in India. They take your money, get your site ranking well for a while but when Google figures out why it is ranking, it gets knocked down in the rankings.

In other words, it is spam.

12 hours ago, delcecchi said:

Perhaps your preconceptions are affecting your interpretation. 

Yeah, your right again as usual. How on earth could I ever misconstrue this as sarcasm?

On 12/10/2016 at 1:41 PM, delcecchi said:

OK, far out.