• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who's up for a diagnostic challenge?

OK, I would never have guessed that.   Normal engine temperature heat shouldn't have much effect on actual metal.  But it could move something that was just touching, sort of like  a crack in a circuit board or a poor mechanical contact. 

Interesting. 

Ok New One Jeremy

Happened on the way to work today so really have not had time to check anything out.

2009 Saturn Vue 3.5

Went to turn on the AC and the On indicator light blinks then goes off but does not stay on and the AC is not working?  Turned it to defrost to see if I heard the pump click and do not?  What to check first?  :(

Edited by leech~~

The first hing I would do is put a set of gauges on it. If the pressure on the low side (with engine off) is about the same as the ambient temp (80psi = 80 degrees roughly) than it is not low on refrigerant (or at least ther eis enough to get things rolling) If it is less than 30 psi than there is not enough pressure to close the low side sensor, adding a pound may remedy the situation.

Other possible causes

• Ambient Air Temperature is too low (if equipped with Ambient Air Temperature Sensor)
  • Vehicle voltage less than 9.5 volts
  • Refrigerant Pressure too low
  • Refrigerant Pressure too high
  • Engine Coolant Temperature too high

42 minutes ago, Jeremy airjer W said:

The first hing I would do is put a set of gauges on it. If the pressure on the low side (with engine off) is about the same as the ambient temp (80psi = 80 degrees roughly) than it is not low on refrigerant (or at least ther eis enough to get things rolling) If it is less than 30 psi than there is not enough pressure to close the low side sensor, adding a pound may remedy the situation.

Other possible causes

• Ambient Air Temperature is too low (if equipped with Ambient Air Temperature Sensor)
  • Vehicle voltage less than 9.5 volts
  • Refrigerant Pressure too low
  • Refrigerant Pressure too high
  • Engine Coolant Temperature too high

Thanks guys and rl_sd always open for help from anyone. I really hope it is not the compressor lots of buck!  :(

This could be a new Help page on this thread! :D