Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Ufatz

Who has shot a Franchi Instinct .20 gauge?

8 posts in this topic

Would appreciate any feedback from people who have actually used this nice little shotgun. Although I have never owned a Franchi I have been aware of them for fifty years and remarked upon their quality and shootibility.

Am thinking of getting one,  since I have sold off all my top of the line guns and have recently discovered I can still shoot, despite the four hours of shoulder surgery. Nice to know I'm not totally done yet!!

I have not shot the franchi 20 but have shot the 12 quite often.  My bil has one.  Super lite but kicks like a mule compared to my winch 101.  Im sure the 20 would be much more fun to shoot

Brother has one, shoots nice. The only problem, at least with his, is the carrier lever (I think that is what it is called, the little handle you pull to eject shell...) can come out at inopportune times. I guess the 12 has the same issue and uses the same part. If you see it come out you are fine, but if you don't then you need to use a little pick or tiny screwdriver or SOMETHING to pull it open. Big design flaw. Not sure if it has been fixed.

Are we talking about the same shotgun?  Should not have to "pull"anything to eject empties with an over/under or sxs of any kind. They should eject automatically or,  if extractors only, simply lift empties so you can pick them out.  I think we have some confusion here.  The Instinct L is an over under gun with auto ejectors.

5 minutes ago, Ufatz said:

Are we talking about the same shotgun?  Should not have to "pull"anything to eject empties with an over/under or sxs of any kind. They should eject automatically or,  if extractors only, simply lift empties so you can pick them out.  I think we have some confusion here.  The Instinct L is an over under gun with auto ejectors.

I'll totally agree...got me confused too, as all the ones I've shot auto-eject... 

http://www.franchiusa.com/instinct-sl-over-and-under-shotgun

The gun I have coming is the Instinct L.....blued steel, walnut and case-color action. Shotguns with shiny silver looking actions and tubes sticking out the muzzles offend my eyes.

And only perverts buy shotguns with plastic stocks. :)

15 hours ago, Ufatz said:

Whoops, sorry, yes this was an auto. I didn't pay attention to model I guess.